• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suspension repair B/new vs recondition

alpha17

Question

Hey guys,

As I have to replace the Axio Luxel’s Front Driver Side shock absorber, I’m reluctant to go for KYBs. They are pretty stiff. So one of my friend said that he used to install reconditioned shock absorbers and adviced me not to install KYB since he had to face the same problem. Can somebody explain which is the better choice to maintain the original comfort of the car?

I heard that B/new ones from T**ota L**ka are also making the ride stiffer. Therefore if I go for reconditioned shocks which are the most reliable places to buy?

Are there any drawbacks of using reconditioned shock absorbers?

Please help me to choose a better option.Thank you guys

cheers??

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, tilvin said:

Monroe also good.

3 hours ago, tilvin said:

Go for new Shockabsorbers. If you do not like "KYB" go for "Gabriel" shocks....Do not put used ones (Mistakenly called reconditioned in Sri Lanka as I am aware.....?)

Are Monroe and Gabriel from japan?are they reliable?I’ve never heard of Monroe?

Monroe and Gabriel are good shock absorbers. Both are mostly European brands. As per my knowledge (veterans please correct me if wrong), these shocks brands are good. I have bought monroe shocks for my Pugs. They seems OK for me. Anyway I do not know much details about Japanese cars shock absorbers.....?

Veterans please help our friend to buy good shocks for his car....?

Are you sure you got the right type of shock ? Also, the stiffness you are used to might be there because you have gotten used to worn out shocks ? Also, the stiffness (might be) and the noise could be because things like mount bushings, etc are worn-out/hardened up with age ? Did you replace everything or just the shocks ?

Edited by iRage

On 10/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, SANCAR said:

I replaced my AD wagons rear shockabsobers with Kyb new. My problem is they are less stiffer and lot of noises coming from back when driving on rough roads.

Experts, Pls advise.

KYB are generally bit harder than Jap OEM, but in par with original fit for brand new coming to SL

Edited by kush