• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda fit gp1\ aqua Vs Toyota vits 2015 unregistered\used IST

Toyot

Question

I am thinking of buying a vehicle around 3.5mn and initially thought of above 4 vehicles considering the fuel economy, comfortability and space and I'm already bit worried about the hybrid vehicles cz their batteries. Any thoughts pls. 

6 answers to this question

The GP1 is a very practical fun car to drive. Having owned a GP4 which has the same practicality I can say for what you pay these cars give you a lot of value. Most models have all the modern features, like Cruise, climate control , plenty of storage compartments, auto headlights, rear seats which gives you a lot of ways to arrange (Honda Magic Seats) , Decent pickup and economy etc. Only drawback is the Hybrid battery at this age. 

The aqua is a highly fuel efficient car but at the same time it takes away the joy of driving a car. The powertrain is very reliable, its quiet ,comfortable. This will also have a negative point having a Hybrid battery and having below average ground clearance. 

The Vitz is smaller than the other two, a LOT slower, Doesn't have even half of the features the Honda has. On the positive side, you can get one unregistered which will give you worry free ownership for a very long time, it gets above average fuel economy for a non-hybrid car, Its a nice small car for a small family. Very good resale value cause it wont have issues which a hybrid car will have in the long run.  

Other members can speak for the IST 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Toyot said:

fuel economy, comfortability and space

Fuel Economy - Aqua

Comfort - Fit 

Space -  nothing can beat the Fit for space and practicality I've had one -sold it 2 months ago  and it's like having a station wagon cos you can carry so many things including furniture :D 

IMHO  in order of preference. 

1. Fit : Pros - Ideal all round family car with Lots of options and practicality, space etc. Tough little car with great Value for money. Cons: Check the hybrid battery (no need to be paranoid - when i sold mine it was 6 years old and the battery was still good) The biggest concern is the Oil leaking issue well discussed in the forum  do a search and find the affected chassis number range. 

2. Vitz : Pros: It's a new car. Cons: Under-powered engine, zero options (not even a tachometer ) uncomfortable seats, 

3. Aqua : Pros -good fuel economy Decent space  and okish pulling power with the 1.5 L engine. 

Cons: Battery issues , lot of tampered cars in the market due to the mass-appeal.

4. IST Pros : okish ground clearance. Cons : Overpriced - I really don't get the appeal for this car which is neither here-nor-there. 

If you're a first-time car buyer and if your car is meant to take you from A-B with 2-3 people and you don't travel much outstation - trips  etc and if handling pulling power  etc are terms that don't make much sense to you  - select an unreg Vitz and take it to To##ta Lanka for an inspection (~5000 LKR) and buy it. 

If you have a family and kids etc, haul stuff, take a lot of trips etc and you actually enjoy driving - Go for a Fit - you can buy one for cheap (~3.3 M) get it well inspected at Sta###ord motors or the car-checking place in nugegoda including a battery report. If you avoid the chassis numbers affected by the oil leak issue you have a good deal. If you want more info on the fit let me know. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Fuel Economy - Aqua

Comfort - Fit 

Space -  nothing can beat the Fit for space and practicality I've had one -sold it 2 months ago  and it's like having a station wagon cos you can carry so many things including furniture :D 

IMHO  in order of preference. 

1. Fit : Pros - Ideal all round family car with Lots of options and practicality, space etc. Tough little car with great Value for money. Cons: Check the hybrid battery (no need to be paranoid - when i sold mine it was 6 years old and the battery was still good) The biggest concern is the Oil leaking issue well discussed in the forum  do a search and find the affected chassis number range. 

2. Vitz : Pros: It's a new car. Cons: Under-powered engine, zero options (not even a tachometer ) uncomfortable seats, 

3. Aqua : Pros -good fuel economy Decent space  and okish pulling power with the 1.5 L engine. 

Cons: Battery issues , lot of tampered cars in the market due to the mass-appeal.

4. IST Pros : okish ground clearance. Cons : Overpriced - I really don't get the appeal for this car which is neither here-nor-there. 

If you're a first-time car buyer and if your car is meant to take you from A-B with 2-3 people and you don't travel much outstation - trips  etc and if handling pulling power  etc are terms that don't make much sense to you  - select an unreg Vitz and take it to To##ta Lanka for an inspection (~5000 LKR) and buy it. 

If you have a family and kids etc, haul stuff, take a lot of trips etc and you actually enjoy driving - Go for a Fit - you can buy one for cheap (~3.3 M) get it well inspected at Sta###ord motors or the car-checking place in nugegoda including a battery report. If you avoid the chassis numbers affected by the oil leak issue you have a good deal. If you want more info on the fit let me know. 

Thanks a lot for the detail outlook, ya definitely will keep in touch with you if I decide to go for a fit. As I told you my concern is the battery life, but now on top of it the oil leaking issue.. But let's c. Thanks again?

1 hour ago, TheFlyingFox said:

The GP1 is a very practical fun car to drive. Having owned a GP4 which has the same practicality I can say for what you pay these cars give you a lot of value. Most models have all the modern features, like Cruise, climate control , plenty of storage compartments, auto headlights, rear seats which gives you a lot of ways to arrange (Honda Magic Seats) , Decent pickup and economy etc. Only drawback is the Hybrid battery at this age. 

The aqua is a highly fuel efficient car but at the same time it takes away the joy of driving a car. The powertrain is very reliable, its quiet ,comfortable. This will also have a negative point having a Hybrid battery and having below average ground clearance. 

The Vitz is smaller than the other two, a LOT slower, Doesn't have even half of the features the Honda has. On the positive side, you can get one unregistered which will give you worry free ownership for a very long time, it gets above average fuel economy for a non-hybrid car, Its a nice small car for a small family. Very good resale value cause it wont have issues which a hybrid car will have in the long run.  

Other members can speak for the IST 

Highly appreciate your help for giving such a detail report. Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, Toyot said:

Thanks a lot for the detail outlook, ya definitely will keep in touch with you if I decide to go for a fit. As I told you my concern is the battery life, but now on top of it the oil leaking issue.. But let's c. Thanks again?

Agreed with TheflyingFox and Matroska I have experience with both Toyota and Honda Fit. on Aqua you can never trust about battery other than full test with T......Lanka. On Honda fit Battery issues will be very less and must check for chassis number to avoid recall range.

GP1-1200002 to GP1-1242186

GP1-8000002 to GP1-8000091

You can easily avoid above range by checking chassis number display on the to of the engine bay and also on passenger side door frame. I have checked 12 cars 8 is within the range and other 4 out of range.

• Thanks 1

Go for a GP1.I have driven one around town and from kegalle to katunayaka and return.The car is fun to drive and of course it is spacious.When I went to the aiport the car had 4 people in it and all of them are well over 75kg with two huge baggages.Never felt underpowered during that trip. Also it has a better interior compared to Aqua which has cheap looking plastics layed out in a very plain manner.All the cars have same levels of ground clearance.Dunno much about the IST,but vitz has no options at all.But if you want trouble free driving go for a new Vitz.But you will loose driving pleasure and a lot of options.Anyway its upto you