• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
Prabasha

Honda gp5 or Toyota vitz

Question

currently i have Honda gp5 metallic Blue L Grade 2013 registered 2016 76000km done New tyres 6month😀

just thinking to sell this and get Toyota vitz probably 2015 one unregistered

my question is it wiser to sell my gp5 and get a vitz? i want in 3 year time lowest car value reduction so i can buy a new one in 3 year time.

Any one know about this help me.😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Your going to do a downgrade. You will lose a lot of things like Cruise control, climate control (depending on the model), those brilliant magic seats, Interior space, very good beams, Fuel economy, the Vitz will be a LOT slower than the Fit, Driving pleasure, your going to buy the Vitz unregistered and when you register , the price will go down further.

On the positive note of getting a Vitz, if your lucky you will have a lot of life from the FIT DCT gearbox clutch, If not its an expensive repair. FIT Hybrid battery will cost a lot if something goes wrong. At that mileage suspension and small repairs might come up. 

Resale value wise you might be a little bit up on the deal with the Vitz after 3 years taking into consideration the age of the FIT, it being a hybrid and having a sophisticated gearbox (Brilliant but too many parts working inside and more chances for it to go wrong) which have a tendency to not function properly at high mileages in SL, that too depends on your luck i believe :) . Oh and it's a Toyota :D

Edited by TheFlyingFox

First question - have you ever been in a Vitz let alone driven one?  It looks ok on the outside but inside it's a sluggish engine and you won't even have a tacho in the instrument cluster.   If you've been using the GP5 as a first owner you know how well it's been maintained etc..  My advice - rent a Vitz for one day drive it around and then make a decision.  In 3 years god knows what will happen