• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For 4 million Aqua or Prius?

Dilan1234

This is the first time I post in this forum. I went through many threads but couldn't find any article comparing prius vs aqua.

I'm searching for a hybrid around 4million. I think there are 2014 aqua & 2012 prius. What will be the best choice regarding all the specs(like fuel economy, maintenance, battery life)

Thank you.

Given the age, you will need to repair or replace the battery in both. With Acqua it is possible that its already done(or empty battery with  some jilmart gadjet to show fake high battery capacity for selling), since the battery problem comes faster.

• Thanks 1

I have used a 2011 Prius 2nd gen. Recondition, used it for 5 years plus and 85k kms, did not face any issue with battery or hybrid system.  I have heard/seen that 3rd gen having some battery issue if you not service regularly. Aqua also i have seen/heard that they have same kind of batter issue. Check with some Hybrid workshops then you can get more details.  

The Prius is a far superior vehicle compared to the Aqua. The hybrid batteries on the gen 2 prius lasts thrice as long as a gen 3 Prius and Aqua ( both of which fail sometime after 100 K). The battery should be the least of your concerns. Think of it as a consumable. Engines of hybrids start to burn oil after 150 K. ABS actuator falls at about the same time. Transmission falls at about 300 - 400 K. Don't worry about these trivialities. Just drive, enjoy and do the  running repairs when they need to be done. Plenty of spares are freely available and many garages are equipped with logistics and trained staff capable of repairing hybrids. My 2nd gen battery is limping but still alive at 223 K.

IMG-2c11a120ef838eada6d716ff06c045bd-V.jpg

Edited by mcs627

1 hour ago, mcs627 said:

Just drive, enjoy and do the  running repairs when they need to be done

AT LAAAST, a Toyota driver who doesn't care about RESALE Value, Yay ?!!

( A bit strange to see "enjoy" and "drive " in the same sentence about a Toyota though)