• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clueless on where to get repairs done

ratamassa

This is going to be a super dumb question for most people, but since I'm a super new to the scene so a little clueless about how to get these things done.

So what sort of a place can I use to get some mechanical repairs or replacements done? Things like brake pads or spark plugs? Do service stations do this sorta thing or do I have to find a garage that specializes in these things?

35 minutes ago, iRage said:

Sorry I am a bit off topic...but if you are in to cars....you should look in to progressively learning on doing some these basic repairs yourself. Things like changing spark plugs is quite easy so maybe that can be a starting point.

I was actually thinking about doing the same. I have a general distrust of people repairing things, so it might be a good idea to learn. Any pointers / resources you'd recommend?

If you're actually thinking about DIY, then search the DIY section on the forum. Also, you should be able to find countless amounts of videos on YouTube about simple DIY jobs like changing spark plugs, cleaning up the throttle body and so on. 

Get a good tool kit that has a socket set, spanners and screwdrivers. For the removal and installation of spark plugs, you would need either a long socket or a spark plug removal tool. Some contact cleaner, carb cleaner for cleaning and WD-40 for those stubborn nuts and bolts. These should be enough to start. 

• Like 2