• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan/hatch back Car

sampath83

Hello and welcome to AL,..

Congrats on the first car,.. your budget will restrict you to an older car,. and the need for adequate ground clearance will get most contenders off the short-list,.

And you'll most likely end up with a transport solution older than you.   Be prepared to spend time and money to get the thing back safely on the road.  Best to find a good local garage and take what ever you get for a complete check up before you use it.

Good insurance always advisable to have for a first car driver so keep the budget adjusted for that as well.

Cheers.

TT.

I can recommend you Peugeot 406 D9 Executive or Rapier models.You can search advertisements and inspect some cars. Better look for 2002/2003/2004 manufactured ones. If you are interested, I can explain you about the engine models, fuel consumption and about gearbox maintenance (auto)....?

22 hours ago, sampath83 said:

Hi...

I have plan to buy a car soon. This will be my 1st one (family car, sedan/hatch back doesn't matter). I can go up to  1.75 million.  good fuel consumption, ground clearance is important...... so give me comment what are the most suitable car. ...??

As we are looking at cars that are over then years old you should keep a few things in mind... 

Keepabout 1 lakh at least in hand for any potential repairs

Expect fuel figures of around 8-10 kmpl in city/suburban driving

Cars of this generation had fairly ok ground clearance  if you want that extra bit more for some reason, then consider something like a Suzuki Swift/ Chevy Cruze. 

Same topic was discussed recently as well :try to find that thread.

10 minutes ago, TheFlyingFox said:

As for the recommendation of the Peugeot for a first time car buyer at that budget , Are you Crazy ? He will say public transport is better after a couple of months.

Why all are fear about pugs...?? From my grandpa's period on wards we were using Pugs without much issues....?. I still remember of good old days, when I was a kid around 5 years traveling in my grandpa's Pug 203 and Pug 504....?. My grandpa was a Pug enthusiast and he was able to do most of the repairs by himself in his old pugs.....? Peugeot 504 was a great car.....?. Still you can see few moving around the roads on good shape....?

1 hour ago, tilvin said:

Why all are fear about pugs...?? From my grandpa's period on wards we were using Pugs without much issues....?. I still remember of good old days, when I was a kid around 5 years traveling in my grandpa's Pug 203 and Pug 504....?. My grandpa was a Pug enthusiast and he was able to do most of the repairs by himself in his old pugs.....? Peugeot 504 was a great car.....?. Still you can see few moving around the roads on good shape....?

Mate if you have this kind of experience with Peugeot's then im sorry to say either your being dishonest or your just joking. Im not for a moment going to say they are bad cars. Yes they are great cars in many areas, i have had my share of experience with Peugeots as well.  I have also mentioned this in one of my previous posts as well, When these cars age, the frequency of various repairs are much higher than other marques like Volvo, Merc, Ford etc let alone the Japanese. To add to this the cost of these repairs are also $$$$ more than what you would pay for a Japanese. At one point that short guy at Dharshxxx motors knew me by name lol. Im not even going to talk about the aspect of frustration (Time and energy in various workshops) and depreciation with these cars. 

Lets imagine the OP is going to buy a Swift or a March. Somewhere down the line he has to replace all 4 shocks. Maximum price for the repair would be around 20-25K. Say he took your advise and buys a Peugeot, something similar like a 206 or 307. ~9 years ago i replaced the shocks of my 206 and 1 shock alone costed around 12.5K. 306,406 probably more. Clutch kits,Timing belt kits, mounts, CV joints ,electronics , Gosh don't get me started on the electronics. These cars if something goes wrong with the ECU , you have to replace the door locks, ignition key barrel and the BSI unit along with the ECU @ a lot of $$$$$$. These Euros are too sophisticated for their own good. If you have money, buy one new and enjoy for a long time. If your buying second hand then its asking for trouble!

• Confused 1