• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat belt warning beep

aamarakoon

Does anyone know how to toggle seat belt warning beep in Toyota aqua 2016?. Just bought it unregistered. Seat belt dashboard indicator works but no audible alarm. Tried the internet. Odo button push and hold method doesn't bring the beep on off option.But opens the safety sense menu.

What I have experienced in both my Axio and CHR is the seat belt indicator for the driver blinks when you start the vehicle, but the audible alarm activates only when you exceed the speed of 20kmph.

For the front passenger, the indicator only blinks if there is a passenger on the seat ( should exceed the weight of 20kg? -not sure). Same as the driver's the audible alarm activates only when you exceed the speed of 20.

No idea about the rear passengers.

• Like 1

Do you get the beep when you put the gear in Reverse? If not, it maybe disabled. There should be a combination of buttons that you press on the dashboard or an option in the menu to enable/disable it. 

35 minutes ago, iRage said:

Just for curiosity...do the other beeps work ?

Just so there is some background to the above....if the little beeper speaker itself is broken then you might not be hearing the beep because of that.

Based on the Ministry of Land and Infrastructure of Japan circular, since 2005 the Seat Belt Reminder (SBR) alarm needs to be there on all cars manufactured since September 2005. The alarm needs to be alerted for long periods of time in 30 second intervals, etc...(http://www.mlit.go.jp/kisha/kisha05/09/090310_.html). Then by 2020 all cars in japan need to have a SBR for all passenger seats...Finally !

As a result different manufacturers took different paths (for JDM variants which your Aqua is) where some chose to take away any (at least direct) options that disable the beep. This applies to quite a few Toyota vehicles (so the ODO meter b-on/off works only on some models). In these cases the only way to turn it off seems to be to get in to the "ECU"/"ASCU" and turn it on/off..

For example :

Edited by iRage

Thanks irage/Davy. All other beeps ( reverse, LDA, PCS) do work. When I personally cleared from the port both underseat connectors were disconnected. Thought it was by clearing guys who don't wear the belts to get rid of the annoying sound. 

Sorry I don't understand Japanese. 

29 minutes ago, aamarakoon said:

Thanks irage/Davy. All other beeps ( reverse, LDA, PCS) do work. When I personally cleared from the port both underseat connectors were disconnected. Thought it was by clearing guys who don't wear the belts to get rid of the annoying sound. 

Sorry I don't understand Japanese. 

:D ...for the pages you can use Google translate....for the video, youtube has a close caption feature that does auto translate (not entirely accurate but you get the idea), but for the video, its just for reference..not that you should try it. So perhaps when the connector was disconnected something got reset, and if the Aqua requires access to the "computer", then obviously you won't be able to turn it back on with some process involving a combination of switches, and you probably do not want to mess around with the programming without knowing what you are doing ? 

A quick Google search gave me these:

https://mutantblack.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/prius-disable-seat-belt-reverse-beep-warning/

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/PortlandHSD/pages/867589/How_to_turn_off_BEEPS_in_a_Prius/

This is to disable the beep. but you can toggle the "b-off" to "b-on" in the last step to turn it on I guess?

Edited by Davy

25 minutes ago, Davy said:

A quick Google search gave me these:

https://mutantblack.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/prius-disable-seat-belt-reverse-beep-warning/

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/PortlandHSD/pages/867589/How_to_turn_off_BEEPS_in_a_Prius/

This is to disable the beep. but you can toggle the "b-off" to "b-on" in the last step to turn it on I guess?

He had tried that....and apparently it is not possible in all the models...