• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

-ur Choice-

ashan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.............I'm not sure whether this was done before...bt just to check which has the most voting for the 1600cc N/A car & engine......................but vote on the lines of .. :

• Performance
  • Daily Running/Family car
  • Looks
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Re-sale value/Maintaince

Pls drop ya comments for the respective choice...

Honda: Civic SiR

Mitsubishi: Mirage MiVEC

Nissan: Pulsar VZ-R

Toyota: Carina GT

Which car would ya'll opt for, given the choice???

Cheers :)

From your choices, Civic SiR cos its pretty much right up there in all categories mentioned and has good re-sale as well.

If I could choose otherwise (ie not from the list)... there's a 1500 or 1600 CC Japanese Swift that would be a pretty awesome daily driver and would certainly give all the options mentioned a run for its money

From your choices, Civic SiR cos its pretty much right up there in all categories mentioned and has good re-sale as well.

If I could choose otherwise (ie not from the list)... there's a 1500 or 1600 CC Japanese Swift that would be a pretty awesome daily driver and would certainly give all the options mentioned a run for its money

Swift ? Nahhhh......

The reason i listed these four cars were bcos they have legendary (i think i'm right to say that) 1600cc Naturally Aspirated (N/A) engines...and to a certain extent they are scarce....with decent power (165-175 BHP), comfort & room to be used as a family car and so on...hence the choices bro. ....................................As for ma research, the Honda seem to be the pick so far!

The reason i listed these four cars were bcos they have legendary (i think i'm right to say that) 1600cc Naturally Aspirated (N/A) engines...and to a certain extent they are scarce....with decent power (165-175 BHP), comfort & room to be used as a family car and so on...hence the choices bro. ....................................As for ma research, the Honda seem to be the pick so far!

In that case the N1 won't apply. Thats only a 2 door hatch. Which is not great for a family car.

In that case the N1 won't apply. Thats only a 2 door hatch. Which is not great for a family car.

hmmm...point taken, lets look @ it from a VZ-R point of view in that case.

hmmm...point taken, lets look @ it from a VZ-R point of view in that case.

well one big turn off of the VZR(mr. J's one i was eyeing on) to me was the turning radius isuue, in my office the parking would have been simply impossible wit dat kinda turning radius... @madmax is it da same wit SiR too? and why so?

tough choice...i've driven a stock CGT (5 spd)...and a 'heavily modded' SiR (yesss low end :D)...not driven a Pulsar VZ-R nor a MIVEC Mirage...

i'd pick the car with the broadest power band...that wud b the SiR...but it wud hav to undergo a brake makeover...might reconsider if i drive a 6spd CGT tho...

Edited by sharkster

'heavily modded' SiR (yesss low end

yah madmax claims on strong low end of Honda's is unheard of to me! Honda due to itz 2-3 stage vtec invariably suffers at low end against itz rivals -->VVT-i L and more displaced conterparts(later not applicable to SiR vs. CGT etc.)

--- dunno specifically abt SiR and itz direct competion but in the main stream, for the same level of displacement toyota VVT-i(perhaps with another L in case of CGT) seems to b da best!

--- of course now we know why madmax so profoundly talks of low end in HIS SiR :D

well one big turn off of the VZR(mr. J's one i was eyeing on) to me was the turning radius isuue, in my office the parking would have been simply impossible wit dat kinda turning radius... @madmax is it da same wit SiR too? and why so?

I have never had a problem with the Vz-R, But Honda has the worst turning radius, that's due to it's suspension layout...

yah madmax claims on strong low end of Honda's is unheard of to me! Honda due to itz 2-3 stage vtec invariably suffers at low end against itz rivals -->VVT-i L and more displaced conterparts(later not applicable to SiR vs. CGT etc.)

--- dunno specifically abt SiR and itz direct competion but in the main stream, for the same level of displacement toyota VVT-i(perhaps with another L in case of CGT) seems to b da best!

--- of course now we know why madmax so profoundly talks of low end in HIS SiR :)

Unlike the SOHC VTEC engines, the DOHC VTEC engine are single stage VTECs, not - 2/3 stage VTECs. I've had two SiRs, and one was very close to stock, so I'm judging on the experience

Unlike the SOHC VTEC engines, the DOHC VTEC engine are single stage VTECs, not - 2/3 stage VTECs. I've had two SiRs, and one was very close to stock, so I'm judging on the experience

Oh, right. I keep forgetting the hatch.

just out of curiosity....which Carina GT is better? 4AGE 210 or the 212 ?

there's sum confusion on the frame codes so i'll jus use the terms 'old' n 'new'...the old had a boring interior and there were a decent number with MT's...the new however came with 15" alloys (as opposed to the 14" on the old), a refined interior and is overall a much smarter lookin car...the hitch tho is only a handful hav the 6spd MT...9 out of 10 r AT...

I too have driven a carina GT.. and yes.. it's very comfy, steering is very light, dash is ok but very basic... the car is very smooth... but it all raps up to being just another car...

but with the honda... it's something totaly apart.. need I say more ? but however I think there's one thing that the carina has that the honda doesnt is, comfort...

there's sum confusion on the frame codes so i'll jus use the terms 'old' n 'new'...the old had a boring interior and there were a decent number with MT's...the new however came with 15" alloys (as opposed to the 14" on the old), a refined interior and is overall a much smarter lookin car...the hitch tho is only a handful hav the 6spd MT...9 out of 10 r AT...

Thnx man....yeah the NEW seems a much smarter car...havent driven a 212 nor have i been in one...but i would agree on the steady drive & comfort of a 210.........

so basically this low end torque issue is wit SOHC VTEC, i get it :)

bdw itz sad dat SiR has an even worse turning radius :(

yeah its a damn shame abt the turning circle issue....but it sure doesnt desimate anything else the SiR has to offer :)

yeah its a damn shame abt the turning circle issue....but it sure doesnt desimate anything else the SiR has to offer :)

thats a good point...it holds for a lot of cars...how quick wud sumone want to take full turns?unless of course u spend most of ur time driving arnd hair pins...my car might even put the SiR to shame but it makes up for it in 2 cylinders :(

thats a good point...it holds for a lot of cars...how quick wud sumone want to take full turns?unless of course u spend most of ur time driving arnd hair pins...my car might even put the SiR to shame but it makes up for it in 2 cylinders :)

Or doing illegal u turns on the road?