• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel consumption details

Lakmal Lakmal

Question

I am doing some analysis about low budget luxury car fuel consumption in Sri Lankan road, So Any experienced guys can you tell me fuel consumption details for below vehicles as per your experiences in Colombo city and out of Colombo roads.

Suzuki Baleno -

Honda Insight -

Hyundai Santa Fen-

Micro Rexton -

Micro BAIC 2017 -

Hyundai Elantra -

Ford Focus -

Mazda 3 -

Hyundai Accent -

Hyundai Accent -

6 answers to this question

If you’re doing a research, Ford Focus 1l EcoBoost, YOM 2018. In Kandy City traffic 10-11 km/l, I haven’t run this much in Colombo but expect something between 8 to 11 depending on traffic. 

Long run between Colombo-Kandy works 13+ 

You should mention the year of manufacture if you need to get correct info 

Edited by tbird

5 hours ago, Lakmal Lakmal said:

I am doing some analysis about low budget luxury car fuel consumption in Sri Lankan road, So Any experienced guys can you tell me fuel consumption details for below vehicles as per your experiences in Colombo city and out of Colombo roads.

Suzuki Baleno -

Honda Insight -

Hyundai Santa Fen-

Micro Rexton -

Micro BAIC 2017 -

Hyundai Elantra -

Ford Focus -

Mazda 3 -

Hyundai Accent -

Hyundai Accent -

What on earth is a low budget luxury car?

And which of these are luxury cars?

Anyway I own a 2011 Ford Focus 1.6ltr car. Average fuel consumption is 9kmpl. If run exclusively within Colombo, it does 8. It has the same engine and similar power to weight ratio as the first and second generation Mazda 3, so the 3 would do the same.

In addition, I owned a 2011 Kia Cerato (1.6 ltr). Kia Cerato and Hyundai Elantra are twins. That one too, did around 8kmpl in Colombo. However, the Cerato had a 124 bhp engine compared to the 100 bhp engine of the Focus.

7 hours ago, Lakmal Lakmal said:

Suzuki Baleno -

Honda Insight -

Hyundai Santa Fen-

Micro Rexton -

Micro BAIC 2017 -

Hyundai Elantra -

Ford Focus -

Mazda 3 -

Hyundai Accent -

Have you read this thread ? It may already have some information you need.