• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Fiesta

Car_Buddy

Hello gentlemen,

I am a newbee here and planning to buy my first car which will be used as a family vehicle.

I am totally attracted to Ford Fiesta Hatchback (2015) and would like to know a bit about it with regard to its;

# performance

# spare parts (cost & availability)

# fuel consumption  

# does it have CVT or DCT

As I am planning to use it around 5 yrs or so the re-sale value would be no problem. I' ve learnt that there's an Ecoboost 1.0 ltr engine model also available more recently but no idea whether it has come in 2014/15.

If there are some members who are using Ford Fiesta please enlighten me with whatever you think helpful. 

Thanks in advance.

1280px-2017_Ford_Fiesta_ST-3_Turbo_1.6_(1)_Front.jpg

1280px-2017_Ford_Fiesta_ST-3_Turbo_1.6_(1)_Rear.jpg

Edited by Car_Buddy

I have a Ford Focus with 1l Ecoboost engine. It is a really good engine and the performance is great in heavier Focus. So the performance of this little engine should be excellent in a little lightweight Fiesta hatch.

If you buy a Fiesta imported from the UK or Japan it should come with 1l Ecoboost and DCT transmission. If you purchase a Fiesta imported buy the agent, it came with 1.4 natural aspirated engine and the transmission should be 6F15 conventional 6 speed auto.

The agent is importing 1l ecoboost Focus and EcoSports so you can check with them whether they imports 1l Fiesta as well.

The agent imported 1l ecoboost Focus and EcoSports comes with conventional auto transmission because Ford's dry dual clutch transmission may give issues in Sri Lankan hot weather and heavy traffic conditions. There are few lemon law cases in Australia and US for this DCT system and Ford has done improvements in 15/16 year models. So read the literature if you are planning to buy DCT model however this DCT should be superior than the 6F15 auto transmission in performance wise.

Please check the Ford Focus thread one member added some info with his Ford Fiesta 1l ecoboost with DCT which was imported from  Japan. If inbox him and contact directly you can get more information.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2018 at 6:13 AM, tbird said:

I have a Ford Focus with 1l Ecoboost engine. It is a really good engine and the performance is great in heavier Focus. So the performance of this little engine should be excellent in a little lightweight Fiesta hatch.

If you buy a Fiesta imported from the UK or Japan it should come with 1l Ecoboost and DCT transmission. If you purchase a Fiesta imported buy the agent, it came with 1.4 natural aspirated engine and the transmission should be 6F15 conventional 6 speed auto.

The agent is importing 1l ecoboost Focus and EcoSports so you can check with them whether they imports 1l Fiesta as well.

The agent imported 1l ecoboost Focus and EcoSports comes with conventional auto transmission because Ford's dry dual clutch transmission may give issues in Sri Lankan hot weather and heavy traffic conditions. There are few lemon law cases in Australia and US for this DCT system and Ford has done improvements in 15/16 year models. So read the literature if you are planning to buy DCT model however this DCT should be superior than the 6F15 auto transmission in performance wise.

Please check the Ford Focus thread one member added some info with his Ford Fiesta 1l ecoboost with DCT which was imported from  Japan. If inbox him and contact directly you can get more information.

Thank you very much @tbird. A quick  question though, does your Focus have DCT? If so have you ever encountered an issue on that system? 

Just b'coz I have heard lot of negative things about this DCT that makes me confused. To be honest I am really not much sharp on these tech-mech things. 

Edited by Car_Buddy

No, my Focus has regular torque converter 6 speed auto gear transmission known as 6F15 transmission. My Focus was imported brand new by the agent.

If you are going to import your car from UK or Japan and you do not like the DCT, make sure it does not have DCT. One thing you can do, import a Fiesta with 6 speed manual transmission, which is the best in performance and the efficiency.

If you know the VIN (vehicle identity no or chassis no), you can check whether it has DCT ( DPS6 ) or conventional auto (6F15) from http://www.etis.ford.com/.

Here you need to create an account and enter the VIN, then you can get the details of the Fiesta you are trying to buy.

According to the latest information the issues related to DCT transmission are fixed but not sure how it behaves in our traffic condition

Edited by tbird
  • Thanks 1

I used to own a Fiesta imported by the agents. It was a 1.4L 4 speed conventional auto. I think the gearbox was borrowed by Mazda or vise Versa. It’s a very nice car to drive and quite fun. Fuel economy wise It would do around 7-8 in Colombo. Not very good on the highway as well (100kmph @ a tad under 3000RPM). Road noise was a bit on the high side though. The new ones are quite nice but i would stay away from ford’s powershift DCTs and automated manuals. They are not refined. Plus they Have quite a few problems in the long run albeit much better then they used to be .  The ones in the Audi’s and even Honda are much much better. Get something with a conventional touque converter as @tbird said. If your not worried about resale value get one ! You will not regret it ! 

Edited by TheFlyingFox
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2018 at 4:14 AM, Car_Buddy said:

# does it have CVT or DCT

Pretty sure ST is 6 speed manual only. The Ford Focus ST and RS also come with a 6 speed manual. I have been contemplating on getting a hatch for my wife and the Fiesta is on the list. Been looking at ST as well but had to give up because she wants an automatic and ST was not offered as auto. 

Edited by Davy
Added more content.
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

I used to own a Fiesta imported by the agents. It was a 1.4L 4 speed conventional auto. I think the gearbox was borrowed by Mazda or vise Versa. It’s a very nice car to drive and quite fun. Fuel economy wise It would do around 7-8 in Colombo. Not very good on the highway as well (100kmph @ a tad under 3000RPM). Road noise was a bit on the high side though. The new ones are quite nice but i would stay away from ford’s powershift DCTs and automated manuals. They are not refined. Plus they Have quite a few problems in the long run albeit much better then they used to be .  The ones in the Audi’s and even Honda are much much better. Get something with a conventional touque converter as @tbird said. If your not worried about resale value get one ! You will not regret it ! 

Thank you very much @TheFlyingFox.

Yeah, I am not worrying about resale value at all. What my worries are about is the overall performance and the joy of the ride for the price I pay. And as far as I've dug, it seems there's not much to worry about :):) 

Edited by Car_Buddy

On 10/3/2018 at 3:19 PM, Dulan Hasaranga said:

I'm using a Fiesta ecoboost 2015 model with DCT. It has done 38,000kms so far no issues with DCT. I travel daily in office hours traffic from Nugegoda to Col 03. And I did several long trips and faced no issues.

I saw a post published by Ford Agent Sri Lanka published, for Ford Fiesta hatchback (2019 Model), check their facebook page. Call them and  ask whether it has normal torques converter auto transmission or DCT. I think this 2019 Fiesta has their latest 8 speed torque convertor automatic transmission which comes with 2019 Focus as well.

• 1 year later...

Hi.. A Newbie here...

@Car_Buddy Mate.. did you buy the Fiesta?

I'm contemplating the same... a 2016 1.0L Ecoboost... Japanese import... I checked with the agents, they are not importing the Fiesta anymore... however... they do seem to provide services/maintenance.. etc... but need to verify that..