• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shock absorber for aqua

Haritha Tennakoon

What is funny is Toyota Lanka quoted 150K to change the shocks of the RAV4 (we got the stuff direct from Japan with the control arms, etc...for a little over that :)) and wanted 125K for the Mark X....so yeah..shock prices there are strange.

KYB is the stock unit for most Toyota cars...you might want to check with the KYB agent over in SL (they are located at Hyde Park) or their authorize dealers. There are several ranges so pick the one that suits you. You also get the KYB shocks at other parts shops but people claim to be not the real-thing. If I remember right the Mark X set cost about 75K

On 10/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, kush said:

Go with KYB they you could get a decent discount is you go through one of the dealers. Changed all 4 on a Corolla 141 for less than Rs. 50K

Can you let me know where you got them. I also need to change the shocks of my 141

1 hour ago, walkernet said:

Can you let me know where you got them. I also need to change the shocks of my 141

T**S Agencies KYB agents, G* Motors also will have generally you will get 15-20% discount if paid by cash

• Like 1

Thanks all for giving me feedback. 

I also had chance to talk with person in a toyota lanka through a contact. He said there are toyota lanka genuine and KYB (KYB is same as toyota part but with low quiality - according to him) in the market his recommendation was to go for toyota part because it is durable. 

He said for rear shock absorber for aqua is around 16000. And I'm going to have a 10% discount. 

Thanks again for everyone.

20 minutes ago, Haritha Tennakoon said:

Thanks all for giving me feedback. 

I also had chance to talk with person in a toyota lanka through a contact. He said there are toyota lanka genuine and KYB (KYB is same as toyota part but with low quiality - according to him) in the market his recommendation was to go for toyota part because it is durable. 

He said for rear shock absorber for aqua is around 16000. And I'm going to have a 10% discount. 

Thanks again for everyone.

That is Bull S**t, i have been using KYB for the last 20-25 years on my vehicles as well as my parents, i find them to be more durable than the originals.

Toyota do not make shocks their OEM is mostly Tokico, Kobe and some vehicles KYB in my view you are paying premium for the red box.

If you need originals there are reputed suppliers who will give better prices

• Like 1

• 5 months later...