• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggestions for a car between 4 million - 5 million

SriLankan123

Hi all,

I recently relocated to Sri Lanka after living abroad for some years. I want to buy a car for something in between 4 million - 5 million (could push it to a bit higher value with some effort). A used car would be okay. The one thing most important to me is the reselling value (less depreciation). This is because I might decide to sell this car next year and go for an upgrade once I've established my income in Sri Lanka. I won't be using this car a lot.

I thought of asking you guys for suggestions since my knowledge about Sri Lankan vehicle market is very out dated.

Thanks in advance :)

You can go for a Premio or Allion these days for a budget between 5-6 millions, probably 2013/2014 models. Due to the sudden gush of Vehicle Permits, most of them are being sold these days. But remember these are common models. So it depends on your personal perceptions. 

3 hours ago, SriLankan123 said:

Thanks.. Actually I was thinking of an Axio Hybrid, because I thought it would be easier to sell later. Do Allions/Premios have a better second hand market than Axios?

to be honest the second hand market these days is a bit unpredictable. and actually people have moved on from over-paying for old cars that have a 'market' .conventional wisdom suggest that hybrids are hard to sell and that the Premios/allions are  selling like hotcakes. Well let me tell you that there are cartloads of 260's Premio/Allion on sale for ages without being sold. There's actually one Premio I know which to be honest is in good condition that a guy  is struggling to sell for over a month now. So buying a car purely with second-hand market in mind might not be a great idea.

20 hours ago, SriLankan123 said:

The one thing most important to me is the reselling value (less depreciation).

Bro, if reselling is your main concern better not to buy car.....?. You may use public transport or tuk tuk taxi.....?

When you marry a girl, will you think about when you will divorce her.......?

2 hours ago, tilvin said:

Bro, if reselling is your main concern better not to buy car.....?. You may use public transport or tuk tuk taxi.....?

When you marry a girl, will you think about when you will divorce her.......?

Ha ha.. Good point! But in this case, I'm sure that I will sell this car within a year or so and go for an upgrade when I'm comfortable to get a vehicle loan. But I can't stay without a vehicle for that period, so need to buy a car for the short term. I guess it's not unreasonable to think of the reselling value under these circumstances? :)

• 4 weeks later...