• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio 2007 NZT260 issues with air conditioner

r3423

Question

Hello there, All of a sudden my Toyota Premio 2007 NZT260 blew out hot air from AC and found to have a leak in the cooler. Then it was replaced with a new one. 

However, now sometimes the AC is still not functioning properly with blowing out hot air. Mechanic says that there's a problem with the compressor and need to get it

replaced. That is also with NZT 240 0r Toyota 121 compressor. Can it be due to a problem in expansion valve?

So can anyone give an opinion?

Thanks a lot in advance. 

14 answers to this question

AC problems in 260s axios and 141s are very common. First of all it is a good choice to make sure there are no leaks in the ac system and the refrigerant level is sufficient. (since you said it was repaired) Go through this topic for additional info.

If it absolutely comes to replacing the compressor go through this topic.

Edited by BlueRaiden
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, r3423 said:

Hello there, All of a sudden my Toyota Premio 2007 NZT260 blew out hot air from AC and found to have a leak in the cooler. Then it was replaced with a new one. 

However, now sometimes the AC is still not functioning properly with blowing out hot air. Mechanic says that there's a problem with the compressor and need to get it

replaced. That is also with NZT 240 0r Toyota 121 compressor. Can it be due to a problem in expansion valve?

So can anyone give an opinion?

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Not recommended to replace compressor anything other than 260 compressor which is very much different with 121 or 240. Your whole AC system will fall apart again and fuel economy will also drop due to added load and ECU will go nuts. First see whether you can repair it.

If you really need to replace the compressor try to find atleast a used genuine 260 compressor which variable displacement clutchless type. I know this is bit expensive than a normal compressor but  121 or 240 use regular compressor with a clutch and their ecus are calibrated for that.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, r3423 said:

Thanks hrmSo how can we know that the compressor is beyond the limits of repair? These tech guys try to manipulate us with various things. Is there any place to read around it? Thanks

You have to go to an AC joint who are familiar with these type of compressors. Axio. Vitz, Belta also has similar ones. Do not go to a maka bass place which will ultimately cost you more and also make your car a lemon.

There's a valve inside is the main culprit as I know. Have to dismantle the compressor to say what can be done.I heard some guys know to repair it though I couldn't point you to an exact place. Above link shared by BlueRaiden had one of the places mentioned. First check if anything else is contributing to the problem and keep compressor replacement as a last resort.

• Like 1

you can go to TL for an extra advise. but dont trust them too much either. once TL guys in wattala told me that pretty soon i would have to replace the compressor as it is failing. i was honestly surprised at that point because i didn't feel any loss in A/C (still dont after 10000km.) when i serviced again from kandy TL they told me replacement is not necessary yet. (i asked them specifically to check the A/C system) Seems like toyota wattala guys over stated the facts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

you can go to TL for an extra advise. but dont trust them too much either. once TL guys in wattala told me that pretty soon i would have to replace the compressor as it is failing. i was honestly surprised at that point because i didn't feel any loss in A/C (still dont after 10000km.) when i serviced again from kandy TL they told me replacement is not necessary yet. (i asked them specifically to check the A/C system) Seems like toyota wattala guys over stated the facts.

hmmm... I'm also bit cautious with TL guys. Once I did a Full check up and tunning at TL-Wattala. They even replaced the engine mounts. But did not comment anything about the AC. (that was about 1 year ago and at that time there were no issues with AC)

So did they check your AC compressor by dismantling? (At TL-Kandy?) 

5 hours ago, r3423 said:

hmmm... I'm also bit cautious with TL guys. Once I did a Full check up and tunning at TL-Wattala. They even replaced the engine mounts. But did not comment anything about the AC. (that was about 1 year ago and at that time there were no issues with AC)

I don't think they would do any kind of dismantling. If they find it's faulty by any means  they would simply advice you to replace it. However it's not a bad idea to let them do a full AC system checkup to identify the culprit.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, r3423 said:

Nope. they dont dismantle. just checked the whole A/C system running at full capacity. (they put it on the lowest temperature and went through their checklist) replaced the cabin filter at that time. thats all.

• Like 1

I think you may need a total diagnostic. Anyway, I had a similar problem also with Toyota Premio and I was searching a lot for a solution. I was at different services with a hope they could help me. I was searching on google, asking my friends, relatives and acquaintances but nobody could help. After a while my father founded reliable and professional aircon technician that could solve my problem. My car is very important for me, because I want it to be in a good condition. I should feel comfortable because I adore to travel by car, we usually do it with my family.

Edited by Annabrah

On 5/23/2021 at 12:55 AM, Annabrah said:

I think you may need a total diagnostic. Anyway, I had a similar problem also with Toyota Premio and I was searching a lot for a solution. I was at different services with a hope they could help me. I was searching on google, asking my friends, relatives and acquaintances but nobody could help. After a while my father founded reliable and professional aircon technician that could solve my problem. My car is very important for me, because I want it to be in a good condition. I should feel comfortable because I adore to travel by car, we usually do it with my family.

Can you pls tell me details about that technician . Tks.