• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Note E power oil change interval

Russ

Question

Hi ,

I have a Nissan note e power 2017 and I changed the oil at 5k km with 0w 20 engine oil (recommended oil as per the owners manual)

I want to know how often I need to change the oil since A*W gives me various replies when I check with them 

My running conditions 

Per month I do  1400km

Driving condition  morning hours moderate traffic on Colombo negombo road circa 45mins drive time, after office return via katunayke highway moderate to heavy traffic within Colombo and at high way speed capped at 80 to 90. Drive time 45mins to 60mins 

Purpose to commute to office 

Ist case A*W said every 5k oil change

2nd check A*W said 6.5k oil change

3rd check A*W said every 7.5k oil change 

So I am confused what to do, could not find any data on Google too thus reaching out for a some technical expertise view

I know fully synthetic oil such as 0w 20 can go up to 10k oil change interval but what would be best and realistic , there is no stress to the e power engine since it will only charge the battery at the sweet spot when the battery drains down while supports in full at aggressive drive to charge the battery concurrently 

Looking  forward for a reply 

• Like 2

15 answers to this question

Nissan Note E power oil change interval

e-POWER 1200cc (HR12DE-EM57)

Normal: 1 year 15000 KM -Oil (3.4L) & filter 

Severe condition: 6 months 7500KM Oil (3.4L) & filter

Severe condition is when approximately 30% or more of the mileage meets the following conditions.
Bad road
Mountain road, climbing slope
Repeated short-distance travel (travel distance: 8km or less / run once)
* 4 When using engine oil other than the specified brand, use viscosity: SAE standard 0W-20.
Grade: Use API standard SN. We recommend those with the ILSAC mark.

note.jpg

Edited by vikkalk
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 11:20 AM, Russ said:

Hi ,

I have a Nissan note e power 2017 and I changed the oil at 5k km with 0w 20 engine oil (recommended oil as per the owners manual)

I want to know how often I need to change the oil since A*W gives me various replies when I check with them 

My running conditions 

Per month I do  1400km

Driving condition  morning hours moderate traffic on Colombo negombo road circa 45mins drive time, after office return via katunayke highway moderate to heavy traffic within Colombo and at high way speed capped at 80 to 90. Drive time 45mins to 60mins 

So I am confused what to do, could not find any data on Google too thus reaching out for a some technical expertise view

I know fully synthetic oil such as 0w 20 can go up to 10k oil change interval but what would be best and realistic , there is no stress to the e power engine since it will only charge the battery at the sweet spot when the battery drains down while supports in full at aggressive drive to charge the battery concurrently 

No point of doing less than 7,500 km (or 6 months) as manufacture mentioned it clearly. Your driving conditions are more or less in between normal and severe. So 10,000 km interval (you will get it by 7 months) is good for you. 

Hi ,
My running conditions 
Per month I do  1400km

And btw as the answer is clearly there hows ur fuel consumption in the note epower????

Sent from my SM-M205F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Flyskywalker said:

I have 2019 Nissan note e-power . Now it’s run 6450km therefore I hope to service my car. I don’t which km to best to change oil filter

As its still obviously under warranty why not take it to the agents? / Talk to the agents? 

(And for a conventional ICE the first service is at around 1500-2000km, then usually every 5000km to 10,000km based on the type of oil used. As the note E-power runs more like a typical ICE I'm assuming this would be the case here as well.) 

But again, as your car is under its manufacturer's warranty, you should call the agents and follow their advice and service intervals so as to keep that warranty active...

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

As its still obviously under warranty why not take it to the agents? / Talk to the agents? 

But again, as your car is under its manufacturer's warranty, you should call the agents and follow their advice and service intervals so as to keep that warranty active...

If OP lives in SL, then I have my doubts about the warranty, because they are JDMs. Isn't it? 

Correct me if I wrong. Isn't the engine of Nissan note e-power acts as a generator to charge the battery and drive train is an electric drive train. So motors drive the car not the engine. So the load for the engine should be lower than the similar capacity gasoline car. So I think it is better to do the services in 10000km or 1 year interval since OP is using synthetic oil.

9 hours ago, gayanath said:

If OP lives in SL, then I have my doubts about the warranty, because they are JDMs. Isn't it? 

But Nissan should still honour the (global) warranty on its new cars as long as the maintenance was carried out as per the company standards and as directed from the time of purchase in Japan and throughout its use in SL.

I'm not absolutely sure, about this above, but its certainly something that needs to be clarified with the agents. (It would be a shame if the warranty does apply and the owner does something that causes it to fall out of warranty due to some technicality...)

15 hours ago, Kavvz said:

But Nissan should still honour the (global) warranty on its new cars as long as the maintenance was carried out as per the company standards and as directed from the time of purchase in Japan and throughout its use in SL.

I'm not absolutely sure, about this above, but its certainly something that needs to be clarified with the agents. (It would be a shame if the warranty does apply and the owner does something that causes it to fall out of warranty due to some technicality...)

Nope..no such thing called a global warranty. Warranties are offered based within local contexts and is not transferable. The only time it is transferable is when a manufacturer's agent themselves do a transfer (usually happens when the country the car is being sent to does not have a manufacturer's agent..when this happens the agent transferring the car needs to take over all warranty responsibility or need to negotiate with the manufacturer on some sort of cost sharing agreement). 

So your UK model car..sold to you in UK does not have its warranty transferred to Sri Lanka when you import it over here. Mainly because of three reasons...

1. It is the cost component...when you buy a brand new car from the local agent, the local agent's mark-up includes a warranty coverage component (part of labor, admin and handling fees and facility op fees). When you buy your car abroad...all that is paid to the dealer abroad...not the local dealer ...and the manfacturer is not going to pay them for it (for standard warranty services)

2. The manufacturer does not want to be liable for warranty services that it would have to provide if you use and maintain the car in a context that it is not supposed to be used in. For the warranty to be honored by the manufacturer, it needs to know that that the vehicle has been taken care of and used according to manufacturer's specs. So if you take a Hilux designed to run on the ice planes of arctic and you run it on dry pavement and mess up the differentials...well..the manufacturer does not want to cover it. But then if you buy a car that is recommended to be serviced every 10,000km and you are too cheap to do that but do your service only once every 20,000 or 30,000km...then the manufacturer will not cover it when your engine has a huge oil blob stuck in the midle.

3. They do not want to extend a warranty to a car that they do not know if they can actually cover it with warranty....because the location you use the car in might not have skills and even parts required for warranty services. 

So..how do some of these JDM cars imported to SL get sold with claims of "manufacturer warranty" ? Simple....the manufacturer extends it to the  person who bought the car in Japan...not to you...but typically that used to happen if and only if the exporter is a franchise owner of the brand in Japan. 

If you buy a car in a foreign country can you get a manufacturer's warranty over here ? Yes...depending on the manufacturer and the car. However, you will have to pay extra for it to the local agent in terms of a registration fee and such. Usually the fee is quite high.

Having said that:

....irrespective of where the car was sold at...if there are manufacturer recalls that the car is subjected to...then you can get the recall sorted out at the local agent. You will have to negotiate it with them...sometimes the entire fix might be free. Sometimes you might have to pay for shipping and handling and everything else is free. Sometimes you will have to pay for labor and handling whilst only the part is free.

Also...if your car is still under warranty in the home country...and you develop a manufacturer caused issue...then...what you get is pretty much at the discretion of the local agent and the manufacturer. Would maintaining your JDM car with a warranty in Japan at the local agent help in making warranty claims? Not really. It is still at the discretion of your agent and the manufacturer..it might improve your chances of reaching a favorable negotiation if something was to break. However, local agents do not take the responsibility. That is why the general regulations state that the car will be serviced at the owner's risk for all cars (it is just that for brand new cars the agent sells, the conditions in the sales contract supersede that). Based on the above reasons (the 3 main ones above), it should be apparent that even if your car has a manufacturer warranty in the country of sale, it does not necessarily mean that the local agent has the capacity to maintain it. 

If uncertain...the very first thing you should do is just go to the manufacturer's agent and show the car...have a discussion to see what they can maintain and what they cannot...if and what they can and might cover from the manufacturer's warranty.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, iRage said:

Nope..no such thing called a global warranty. Warranties are offered based within local contexts and is not transferable. The only time it is transferable is when a manufacturer's agent themselves do a transfer (usually happens when the country the car is being sent to does not have a manufacturer's agent..when this happens the agent transferring the car needs to take over all warranty responsibility or need to negotiate with the manufacturer on some sort of cost sharing agreement). 

So your UK model car..sold to you in UK does not have its warranty transferred to Sri Lanka when you import it over here. Mainly because of three reasons...

1. It is the cost component...when you buy a brand new car from the local agent, the local agent's mark-up includes a warranty coverage component (part of labor, admin and handling fees and facility op fees). When you buy your car abroad...all that is paid to the dealer abroad...not the local dealer ...and the manfacturer is not going to pay them for it (for standard warranty services)

2. The manufacturer does not want to be liable for warranty services that it would have to provide if you use and maintain the car in a context that it is not supposed to be used in. For the warranty to be honored by the manufacturer, it needs to know that that the vehicle has been taken care of according to manufacturer's specs. So if you take a Hilux designed to run on the ice planes of arctic and you run it on dry pavement and mess up the differentials...well..the manufacturer does not want to cover it. But then if you buy a car that is recommended to be serviced every 10,000km and you are too cheap to do that but do your service only once every 20,000 or 30,000km...then the manufacturer will not cover it when your engine has a huge oil blob stuck in the midle.

3. They do not want to extend a warranty to a car that they do not know if they can actually cover it with warranty....because the location you use the car in might not have skills and even parts required for warranty services. 

So..how do these JDM cars get sold with claims of "manufacturer warranty" ? Simple....the manufacturer extends to the warranty to the person who bought the car in Japan...not to you...but typically that used to happen if and only if the exporter is a franchise owner of the brand. 

If you buy a car in a foreign country can you get a manufacturer's warranty over here ? Yes...depending on the manufacturer and the car. However, you will have to pay extra for it to the local agent in terms of a registration fee and such. Usually the fee is quite high.

Having said that:

....irrespective of where the car was sold at...if there are manufacturer recalls that the car is subjected to...then you can get the recall sorted out at the local agent. You will have to negotiate it with them...sometimes the entire fix might be free. Sometimes you might have to pay for shipping and handling and everything else is free. Sometimes you will have to pay for labor and handling whilst only the part is free.

Also...if your car is still under warranty in the home country...and you develop a manufacturer caused issue...then...what you get is pretty much at the discretion of the local agent and the manufacturer. Would maintaining your JDM car with a warranty in Japan at the local agent help in making warranty claims? Not really. It is still at the discretion of your agent and the manufacturer..it might improve your chances of reaching a favorable negotiation if something was to break. However, local agents do not take the responsibility. That is why the general regulations state that the car will be serviced at the owner's risk for all cars (it is just that for brand new cars, the conditions in the sales contract supersede that). Based on the above reasons (the 3 main ones above), it should be apparent that even if your car has a manufacturer warranty in the country of sale, it does not necessarily mean that the local agent has the capacity to maintain it. 

If uncertain...the very first thing you should do is just go to the manufacturer and show the car...have a discussion to see what they can maintain and what they cannot...if and what they can and might cover from the manufacturer's warranty.

Wow! Great post with lots of information that helped clear up alot of things that I just assumed would be enforced, based on warranty coverage and recall repairs in the country the car was initially sold vs the country of final use.

Pretty important for a market like Sri Lanka where there are lots of privately imported vehicles which are often sold at the same price or sometimes even at a premium to similar vehicles available at the agents (due to specs and features that are sometimes not available among the inventory offered at the agents) ! 

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Wow! Great post with lots of information that helped clear up alot of things that I just assumed would be enforced, based on warranty coverage and recall repairs in the country the car was initially sold vs the country of final use.

Pretty important for a market like Sri Lanka where there are lots of privately imported vehicles which are often sold at the same price or sometimes even at a premium to similar vehicles available at the agents (due to specs and features that are sometimes not available among the inventory offered at the agents) ! 

First and foremost...I went through what I typed and had to make some semantic and syntactic corrections....I really need to stop typing out responses first thing in the morning without my glasses on :D 

Yes...all those Allions and Premios are not covered by manufacturer warranty through the local agents. So if there is a manufacturing defect...Toyota is not obligated to honor the warranty for you. So yes...warranties like sterling would be beneficial..but because of how it is operated here and the ethics of our car sales people...it really does not protect you that much. Some car sales people make claims that they offer the Japan manufacturers warranty...in those cases what happens is that the dealer in Japan offers it to the exporter and the exporter takes on all liabilities in extending it to the user. So at the end of the day...you are left at the car sales person's mercy.

This is why when someone posted about Toyota Lanka offering grey imports from Japan, I asked if they are bringing down official Toyota U-Car inventory and if they are selling it as official Toyota U-cars. Because when the manufacturer's agents brings down grey imports there could be (not necessarily will be) some sort of agreement between the manufacturer and the local agent. So the case of the grey imported Civics..SM could have some sort of agreement with Honda UK/Aus...or if TL brings own official Toyota Japan U-Cars..they could have had some sort of warranty agreement with Toyota U-Car (typically all used cars offered by Japanese dealers are road worthy vehicles in Japan and they are obligated to fix anything and everything up for the car to pass the shaken. Then there is a no questions asked vehicle return policy for 6 months and a warranty for 6 months to 1 year depending on the car).

Edited by iRage

4 hours ago, NightRider said:

Hi

Any one knows what is there transmission oil in Nissan Note E-power 2018. Is yes whats the capacity?

Maybe I'm wrong but I dont think there should be transmission oil in the Note E Power. It should not have a conventional gearbox as its got the electric drive, unlike the hybrids that you find in the market