• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wagon R Depreciation

dantoddd

7 hours ago, dantoddd said:

Assuming someone buys a brand new Wagon R from A*W now and use it for 3.5 years and approximately 300,000 KM (Taxi Service). How much depreciation can you expect? Lets also assume the vehicle is services regularly and everything is looked after very well.

I dont think it will last 300,000kms. Taxi apps are a scam afaik!

9 hours ago, dantoddd said:

Assuming someone buys a brand new Wagon R from A*W now and use it for 3.5 years and approximately 300,000 KM (Taxi Service). How much depreciation can you expect? Lets also assume the vehicle is services regularly and everything is looked after very well.

Are you sure that particular "someone" will be alive after 3.5 years? All our lives are in God's hand.

16 hours ago, dantoddd said:

A guy who buys a waGon R will run faster than Bolt when he hears about the 300k. 

Also since its a tiny KEI car, will it survive so much abuse? 

300k in 3 years? Is that even possible?

So NO, Nobody will buy your Gon R, another baiiya will buy it maybe for about 1.5 mil and sell it the next day saying “ Lady doctor owned, only 32,000kms. Never used spaper wheel, never driven in rain, yada yada” for 3.2 million!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is the type of guys who buy these cars.

The guy who bought a reconditioned Wagon R is claiming the cars purchased from the agent will loose value ,because they use the wrong type of oil.And that the recons wont loose value, even though its marked recondition on the book.  

68B58FF9-F4D8-4D9F-B4A5-00365EDF05F5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, dantoddd said:

I've asked from the great soothsayer 

350?cb=20160325211213

She replied - 通过伟大的山羊阴囊我预见到你的国家将会有比睾丸更多的wagonR。因此,在你摆脱它之前,你将被迫将它骑到地上。

Get it translated through google. You're welcome.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, matroska said:

I've asked from the great soothsayer 

350?cb=20160325211213

She replied - 通过伟大的山羊阴囊我预见到你的国家将会有比睾丸更多的wagonR。因此,在你摆脱它之前,你将被迫将它骑到地上。

Get it translated through google. You're welcome.

Haha lol good one

someone has to drive it at least 240kms a day without any day off for 42 months to make it 300000kms 

This is possible if someone starts around 4am and run until 10pm in taxi service assuming you get hires without no time gaps.

if the current market conditions apply,  you might be able to sell it for about 2mil.

If you maintain it off the agent and do all the hacks to make it as 40000kms as milage, you would sell it for about 2.5mil.

better to find someone who has done 300000kms on a wagonr and ask what sort of problems he encountered during maintenance. and also share it among us as well.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, dantoddd said:

haha! Man these posts are getting funnier day by day! :D 

6 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

haha! Man these posts are getting funnier day by day! :D 

These people go nuts whenever I say "machang I get 12 - 14kmpl in city traffic and 19 - 22 kmpl on long distance trips".

They cliam I should be able to do more and there must be something wrong with my car. inb4 "ah oka kompani ne. Ape ewa (insert car mudalali name) gena orijinal japan"

These are the same guys who keep RPM below 2,000 and say "dukayi Machan ita wada ress karanna".

Oh and another thing. They say we should opt to 0w16 to get maximum fuel efficiency.?

Edited by gdgy
  • Haha 1

with so many vehicle bought for pick me and uber hiring i think there will be much abused vehicles coming in to the market in another one to two years and i think there will be a drastic dip in second hand value if its some thing you are concerned with.

2 hours ago, Nishan.dj said:

Can anyone please share the pros and cons of buying a WagonR? I see many says don't buy and some says it's a good car. Could anyone elaborate the arguments please? Thank you.

Cheap, economical, roomy (if boot space is not a concern)

Slow, terrible handling, noisy, bumpy ride

4 minutes ago, kush said:

Slow, terrible handling, noisy, bumpy ride

Other than this, There is no any complain for WagonR. (Any mechanical or common issues of the car)

Slow is not a problem for city driving specially in Colombo.  Handling also is not that concern because it's the city & can't speed much. Bumpy ride is Ok for short distance travel. So all these can be neglected for that vehicle to be used as a taxi. isn't it?

A thing I noticed in these wagon R s are due to their economy and manoeuvrabilty people tend to run them to high mileages even at domestic use rather than taxi. A friend purchased one in 2017 with few 100 km and now in the late 80000kms. And many more stories 

17 minutes ago, tiv said:

A thing I noticed in these wagon R s are due to their economy and manoeuvrabilty people tend to run them to high mileages even at domestic use rather than taxi. A friend purchased one in 2017 with few 100 km and now in the late 80000kms. And many more stories 

you buy this car to run, work horse (work, school, tuition, sports practice) easy to manure in traffic, park.

If it is for a occasional drive there are better options

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kush said:

you buy this car to run, work horse (work, school, tuition, sports practice) easy to manure in traffic, park.

If it is for a occasional drive there are better options

I am just addressing the content here. I have better things to do rather than praise a cheap kei and predict it's mileage.

22 minutes ago, tiv said:

I am just addressing the content here. I have better things to do rather than praise a cheap kei and predict it's mileage.

But you did click and read it, and we are talking about the best selling car in Sri Lanka

Yes I wasted my time. I do have a car derived from a wagon R hence the curiosity besides was expecting to a see a sitcom of comments here. Not to see a kei wagon R being called a "workhorse" which is comedy material. 

• Like 1

The short-term benefits of keis would be they are easy to run around in traffic. Aids to lessen congestion in some ways. Cheaper to run day to day basis. And as they are new repairs are rare and add to the overall productivity. 

Long term benefits would be saving in terms of fuel and repairs to a certain degree, cheap hassle free motoring. Endorsement of the public to switch to a newer car. Somewhat safer and somewhat mildy environmentally friendly. In an attempt to lessen traffic, people may get  to their workplaces earlier, improve productivity theoretically.

However the longevity of these vehicles are fairly low compared to counterparts. Expecting a service life of 300000km with abuse without major repairs is a joke given the conditions in the island. This is the worst point to expect from a kei / wagon R whatever, it's not wrong to flog this point as you pay 3mil!

In terms of the motor enthusiast community vehicles like the wagon R do have an ownership enthusiasm building up but as soon as one is financially well off they dispose it and proceed to a higher class of vehicle. So basically net zero contribution in that aspect.

Thus all these appraisals they have will fade as in the years to come the second hand market will fill with abused wagon r and the popular keis with 660cc engines nearing end of life and spoiled hybrid batteries. Probably drop in market or value. 

Keis all over the world are used by two types of people. The crowd who can't afford a proper car and the smarter crowd who has enough cars but try to travel with minimum impact to the road network,  accordance with economy and with some justice to the environment.

Sadly as per financial demands of our beloved country 90% of keis are owned by the above mentioned former and thus we end up with posts like this .

Of course a proper small electric car would supersede all this but we all know how that went in our island.

Cheers 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nishan.dj said:

Can anyone please share the pros and cons of buying a WagonR? I see many says don't buy and some says it's a good car. Could anyone elaborate the arguments please? Thank you.

There's a FB owners  group  which is pretty active. I noticed some common problems mentioned by them.

1. Adjuster (really don't know what it is) making noise after power washing engine bay

2. Premature failure of 12V battery and ISG unit

3. Start stop system malfunctions

Edited by hrm