• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

3D carpets?

DRK

Hello,

I'm thinking of putting a set of 3D carpets ( stitched ones, leather like material) and just wondered if anyone here has had a bad experience with them. My vehicle is a vezel RS 2018 model and I got quotes ranging from RS 13,500 up to RS 17,000 from local dealers. Is it better than 3m carpets? or is it pass?  Cheers

1 hour ago, JayZ said:

Does it actually serves the purpose of carpets?  Just for looks. And you will have to use a carpet set on top of it anyway.

Yeah, I have seen two cars with these 3D carpets when I was in a car wash center. Those people have added another set of 3M like carpets over these 3D carpets. It seems these 3D carpets were fixed to the floor and could not understand the purpose. Car wash people removed the 3M like carpets and washed them separately and vacuumed the 3D carpets. So the process was same as a car without 3D carpets.

It looks nice but seems like the an extra cost.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2018 at 2:11 AM, DRK said:

Hello,

I'm thinking of putting a set of 3D carpets ( stitched ones, leather like material) and just wondered if anyone here has had a bad experience with them. My vehicle is a vezel RS 2018 model and I got quotes ranging from RS 13,500 up to RS 17,000 from local dealers. Is it better than 3m carpets? or is it pass?  Cheers

I put it in my Civic hatch.  I think the whole idea is to line most of the carpeted area in the cabin with a second layer making it easier to clean. Here are the pros and cons in this

Pro

• Since it's designed for the car, the fit is good
  • Has a second set of coil carpets (quasi 3M) which can be removed and cleaned and also kept in place using grommets.
  • Due to the bucket like shape, all large debris collects in the footwells without traveling all over the place ( almost perfect...)

Cons

• The clips and the whole way it's kept in place is rather flimsy. Since it's a tight fit, the clips might slip out. I extended the edges of the carpets on the door edges by glueing a same color Rexin strip and sliding it under the door lining so it wont slip out. It seem to work.
  • Does not cover all of the areas, especially under the driver and passenger seat a the second row carpeting on goes under the first row seating only partly.

My main justification was it was the ease of cleaning and the car didn't come with OEM carpets as it was to be used as the daily school runner, so we are talking about a lot of dirt getting dragged in to the car.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Insedious said:

I put it in my Civic hatch.  I think the whole idea is to line most of the carpeted area in the cabin with a second layer making it easier to clean. Here are the pros and cons in this

Pro

• Since it's designed for the car, the fit is good
  • Has a second set of coil carpets (quasi 3M) which can be removed and cleaned and also kept in place using grommets.
  • Due to the bucket like shape, all large debris collects in the footwells without traveling all over the place ( almost perfect...)

Cons

• The clips and the whole way it's kept in place is rather flimsy. Since it's a tight fit, the clips might slip out. I extended the edges of the carpets on the door edges by glueing a same color Rexin strip and sliding it under the door lining so it wont slip out. It seem to work.
  • Does not cover all of the areas, especially under the driver and passenger seat a the second row carpeting on goes under the first row seating only partly.

My main justification was it was the ease of cleaning and the car didn't come with OEM carpets as it was to be used as the daily school runner, so we are talking about a lot of dirt getting dragged in to the car.

Thanks for the update mate. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, tbird said:

Yeah, I have seen two cars with these 3D carpets when I was in a car wash center. Those people have added another set of 3M like carpets over these 3D carpets. It seems these 3D carpets were fixed to the floor and could not understand the purpose. Car wash people removed the 3M like carpets and washed them separately and vacuumed the 3D carpets. So the process was same as a car without 3D carpets.

It looks nice but seems like the an extra cost.

Actually the carpets on top of the 3D carpets comes with the package.  cheers

4 minutes ago, DRK said:

Actually the carpets on top of the 3D carpets comes with the package.  cheers

This is correct. No point putting another set on top of the coil carpet delivered with the 3d carpets. If required you can replace the delivered with the 3D ones with a branded coil carpet but then you will have to install the grommets urself because with those puppies holding them in place, getting in and out is difficult as the 3D carpets have a finer finish that makes the coil carpets move around a lot unless they are held down.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I bought this yesterday. I had a chance try it on first (so less risk) and I liked it. it hugs the floor neatly and doesn't slip.

What I liked most is bucket like shape it takes when place. Most dirt will get collected in it, so I can take them out with the carpet for cleaning. A few images attached.

IMG_20181020_094756.jpg

IMG_20181020_094638.jpg

IMG_20181020_094511.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...