• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Bj5p Repair

Waru

Hi Guys ....

one year before I bought Mazda bj5p . after few months ago  have some gear box issue (over drive button blink .) after i went to Nilwala moters,   they fix the gear box issue .

now gear shifting problem   is OK,  but i feel  have some issue in the gear shifting . (have some delay and feel gear shifting ).   I happened only some time.

what can I do  for this ? 

16 hours ago, mash1981 said:

Anyway thse gearboxes are not as smooth as cvt boxes.i also feel my gear changes sometimes.isnt it quiet normal?

Yeah. they are nearly 2 decades old and plenty of miles on them isnt it? So, its rather normal to expect minor shifting delays. But if it's a huge Thud sound or else the engine revvs so hard without shifting; Then it needs some attention.

Like Sig has said, have a chat with him and let him do a test drive, He will fix it if it- naturally if it's something minor, you may have to live with it.  also when driving do you simply put your foot on the accelerator and let it increase speed ? I had a habit of taking it off and pressing down - this help increase speeds much faster and shifting  was better for me. may be it's not the correct thing but worked for me.

3 hours ago, Waru said:

Hi Guys . I have a chat with   Mr. Chandana  he said   do a engine tune up  and see ?  can u guys suggest a good  place  to do that task . 

and I feel fuel compunction also reduces significantly. :(

Whats your fuel consumption ?take it to mazna they will do a tune up.normally bjs do 8km in the city and 12 in the long drives.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...