• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Winker Mirror Not Folding - Honda FD1

samhon

Question

Friends,

Kindly suggest me a place to repair one of my Honda Civic FD1 - passenger side side mirror which is not folding.

I can not hear any sound from the motor but the day before it stopped working, there was a rattling sound when folding.Driver side works just fine.

Seems like what Stafford does is just replacing. 

Please suggest me a place or any helpful advice.

Around Colombo, Mount Lavinia. ( I searched whole forum and found few articles but failed to find a name of a place).

13 answers to this question

I also had this problem in my previous Honda FIt GP1. This happened after a truck knocked the side mirror (driver's side) to the other side, so I turned it back to the normal position. After that auto folding did not work.

So I showed this to a local garage in Kandy and removed the cover and checked, the mirror assembly has small plastic gear wheels to make the auto folding and few teeth were broken and it slipped from the connecting gear wheel. So we positioned the gear wheel correcting and mated with the other wheel, then the auto folding worked but few hours after it did not work since few teeth were broken in one gear wheel. So only option was to replace the side mirror but I did  not replace it and kept as it is. So the driver side mirror is not folding but the other-side mirror is folding.

Just check whether you have the same issue, if the gear wheels are broken, you need to replace it. The local garage took 950/- to remove the side mirror and check and it was a 45 work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tbird said:

I also had this problem in my previous Honda FIt GP1. This happened after a truck knocked the side mirror (driver's side) to the other side, so I turned it back to the normal position. After that auto folding did not work.

So I showed this to a local garage in Kandy and removed the cover and checked, the mirror assembly has small plastic gear wheels to make the auto folding and few teeth were broken and it slipped from the connecting gear wheel. So we positioned the gear wheel correcting and mated with the other wheel, then the auto folding worked but few hours after it did not work since few teeth were broken in one gear wheel. So only option was to replace the side mirror but I did  not replace it and kept as it is. So the driver side mirror is not folding but the other-side mirror is folding.

Just check whether you have the same issue, if the gear wheels are broken, you need to replace it. The local garage took 950/- to remove the side mirror and check and it was a 45 work.

Thanks , I did some googling and many shows the problem that you just described.  But in your case, I think you should be able hear the small humming of the motor running when the switch is pressed. In my case I hear nothing. So my worst fear is the motor got damaged. planned to check on Saturday. fingers X d. 

If you are a fan of DIY it's a simple fix.

I repaired my left side mirror (replaced exact plastic gear mentioned in the video) after a motorcycle guy hit it and auto folding stopped working. Took me like 3 hours but I did it following this video very carefully. 

I found the plastic gear from panchikawatta after much struggle(There is this shop in a small by-road, they only do side mirrors. I've attached their business card.
Call them and see. They might have another thrown away FD left side mirror for you to salvage the gears lol :D )

Good luck!

image.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason_Bourne said:

If you are a fan of DIY it's a simple fix.

I repaired my left side mirror (replaced exact plastic gear mentioned in the video) after a motorcycle guy hit it and auto folding stopped working. Took me like 3 hours but I did it following this video very carefully. 

I found the plastic gear from panchikawatta after much struggle(There is this shop in a small by-road, they only do side mirrors. I've attached their business card.
Call them and see. They might have another thrown away FD left side mirror for you to salvage the gears lol :D )

Good luck!

Thanks Jason_Bourne. Not really a fan of DIY but d go for it no other help available but stafford. Great vedio and helpful lead for SPs. Will call them n check.

Guys, 

මගේ ප්‍රශ්නේ විසදා ගත්ත. Rextom මෝටර්ස් ගියාට වැඩේ කෙරුනේ නැහැ. එත් එතන කෙනෙක් කිව්වා "අඹ ගහ ගාව රාජා " ගැන. (ලේක් හවුස් එක පැත්තෙන් නෙලුම් කුළුණ පැත්තට එනකොට, වම ඇත පැත්තේ පරණ පොත් විකුණන තැන) . He replaced the broken wheel from another mirrir ( he took me to panchikawaththa and found me a replacement) , then he replaced it and has been working for almost 6 months without  a  problem. Wasantha ( dehiwala ) also repaired  - but same issue as @thusithaaw

mentioned above. Not recomending him for these type of jobs.

There is a good place to get the job done in Wijerama. It is a small auto parts shop near the Wjerama bus halt (going towards Maharagama side).

I got both my side mirrors repaired sometime back of my FD3. He has spare parts and complete recondition side mirrors in case you need replacement parts and does a good job in repairing the side mirrors by disassembling the unit and getting it back together in working condition.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, Dee Jay said:

There is a good place to get the job done in Wijerama. It is a small auto parts shop near the Wjerama bus halt (going towards Maharagama side).

I got both my side mirrors repaired sometime back of my FD3. He has spare parts and complete recondition side mirrors in case you need replacement parts and does a good job in repairing the side mirrors by disassembling the unit and getting it back together in working condition.

Pls give details of location