• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

An auto van/suv under 1 million?

Zinger

Question

Hi experts,

Would you be able to recommend a van/suv or something similar with: 

1. Automatic Transmission 
2. High Ground Clearance and Good Visibility
3. Around 1 million LKR or less 
4. New or Old (Doesn't really matter)
5. Preferably small in size

Basically a secondary vehicle I could use for an emergency. So far, all I've ended up with are a couple of kei vans like the Sambar and the Acty.  

Thank you so much guys!
I really appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing your responses! 

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Zinger said:

Hi experts,

Would you be able to recommend a van/suv or something similar with: 

1. Automatic Transmission 
2. High Ground Clearance and Good Visibility
3. Around 1 million LKR or less 
4. New or Old (Doesn't really matter)
5. Preferably small in size

Basically a secondary vehicle I could use for an emergency. So far, all I've ended up with are a couple of kei vans like the Sambar and the Acty.  

Thank you so much guys!
I really appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing your responses! 

Automatic Transmission is the difficult criteria to fulfil. This budget is ponting towards 80's 90's cars andA/T cars were not popular in SL during that era. IF you're not in a hurry join the numerous old car groups on FB and time to time you get the odd old car going up for sale with Auto Transmission ...for instance few weeks ago i saw a T140 series Carina for sale with Auto Transmission.There was also an 85 Honda City with A/t for about half your budget. But those are super-rare. IF you spend some effort you could find an A/T Trad sunny or similar. The obvious options are of course the Kei Vans. 

Get rid of the first clause and the options are endless :D 

• Thanks 1

1 Million or 10 Million since you asked for old or new :)  automatic as well ? It is very rare but if your lucky you can find a Auto 2 door Japanese Alto of the 90s for that price. SUV? :D 80s Suzuki Jimny perhaps ? Finding a SUV is difficult let alone automatic.  

Edited by TheFlyingFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingFox said:

1 Million or 10 Million since you asked for old or new :)  automatic as well ? It is very rare but if your lucky you can find a Auto 2 door Japanese Alto of the 90s for that price. SUV? :D 80s Suzuki Jimny perhaps ? Finding a SUV is difficult let alone automatic.  

Hahah I remember seeing an ad for a Maruti Gypsy for that price. You're right, an automatic is rare to find. If not SUVs, then a van would do :D

Your Honda Acty asks for a low rate is because finding parts for that vehicle is very difficult. Think twice before getting one. Mate finding even an Auto kei van for that price is very difficult, even the 1998/1999 manual models goes for around that range. A friend of mine bought a 2 Japanese alto, 2003 0r 4, fitted 15" wheels and low profile tyers which came from a hustler. After this the ground clearance was really good if that's your requirement of getting a SUV. You can try getting a 90s model and try that. Attached a pic for your convenience. 

Alto.jpg

Edited by TheFlyingFox
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, matroska said:

Automatic Transmission is the difficult criteria to fulfil. This budget is ponting towards 80's 90's cars andA/T cars were not popular in SL during that era. IF you're not in a hurry join the numerous old car groups on FB and time to time you get the odd old car going up for sale with Auto Transmission ...for instance few weeks ago i saw a T140 series Carina for sale with Auto Transmission.There was also an 85 Honda City with A/t for about half your budget. But those are super-rare. IF you spend some effort you could find an A/T Trad sunny or similar. The obvious options are of course the Kei Vans. 

Get rid of the first clause and the options are endless :D 

Thanks Matroska! you're right about that. Do you think kei vans are reliable? I really just want something for home use. My sister will be using the car/van too on occasion and she can't drive manual cars.. 

On 9/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, Zinger said:

Thanks Matroska! you're right about that. Do you think kei vans are reliable? I really just want something for home use. My sister will be using the car/van too on occasion and she can't drive manual cars.. 

to be honest at this point in time the vehicles we're looking at are a tad old but a well maintianed specimen will be reliable to a certain degree. But the question is can you find a decent van for that budget. Keep your options open and search for one - the FB old car groups are a good place actually. 

• Thanks 1