• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 260 Transmission Vibration at inclines

Nilusha_1

My 2013 Allion 260 sometimes vibrates heavily for about 2 seconds at inclines when im at about idle rpm or bit higher.(When starting  to climb)(like cvt fails to move the car)

I have purchased the car recently and the odo is 57k. All the records are available with me and everything done at TL.  CVT oil change and tune up and almost everything needed to be done at 40k has  done exactly at 40k at TL.

I have experienced this thing for 2 times till now for the 1000km i did. I have read some NZT260 cvt issues on this forum but im experiencing some thing different.

Thanks.

Please stick to one thread to ask your questions. There is no need to open copies of the same thread in different sections of the forum.

Threads merged.

Edited by Davy

38 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

My 2013 Allion 260 sometimes vibrates heavily for about 2 seconds at inclines when im at about idle rpm or bit higher.(When starting  to climb)(like cvt fails to move the car)

I have purchased the car recently and the odo is 57k. All the records are available with me and everything done at TL.  CVT oil change and tune up and almost everything needed to be done at 40k has  done exactly at 40k at TL.

I have experienced this thing for 2 times till now for the 1000km i did. I have read some NZT260 cvt issues on this forum but im experiencing some thing different.

Thanks

Did you feel any hesitation to move with the jerk? How was your mounts?

26 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

yes.only for abt 2 secs it was there. just abt 2 heavy vibrates when im trying to climb with the least rpm.(starting to move slowly)

get your mounts checked. Given the maintenance history and mileage (if genuine) I don't think CVT is the problem but you can check existing CVT oil condition to be safe.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nilusha_1 said:

You mean the engine mounts? I don't hear or feel any abnormal sound or vibration other than from the car.

Anyway i'll check on those too. Thnx :) 

Btw How to check the existing CVT oil condition or level. Can it be diagnosed with a scanner?

You can do a visual inspection through a place who knows CVTs. Since there's no dipstick you have put it on a hoist and check the oil by releasing the drain plug a little. There are scanners that can do some advance CVT health monitoring but I'm not sure whether you can get it done from somewhere maybe agents have it.

51 minutes ago, hrm said:

You can do a visual inspection through a place who knows CVTs. Since there's no dipstick you have put it on a hoist and check the oil by releasing the drain plug a little. There are scanners that can do some advance CVT health monitoring but I'm not sure whether you can get it done from somewhere maybe agents have it.

U mean it needs to be removed from the car right.. ? 

5 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

U mean it needs to be removed from the car right.. ? 

No no .  I should have worded it differently. You have to lift the car up to access the drain plug located below similar to when changing CVT fluid or engine oil. Service stations do this but go for a reputed place. 

Edited by hrm

4 minutes ago, hrm said:

No no .  I should have worded it differently. You have to lift the car up to access the drain plug located below similar to when changing CVT fluid or engine oil. Service stations do this but go for a reputed place. 

OK. How about telling the concern to TL and make it their way.  will they work on the same procedure.

Edited by Nilusha_1

3 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

OK. How about telling the concern to TL and make it their way.  will they work on the same procedure.

Probably yes but they have specialized tools and equipment to  do a better job. It's the best and most recommended place you can go for a diagnosis.

2 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

Can a full diagnosis report from Toyotalanka reveal this?

The diagnosis report of the last general service doesn't mention anything need to be done. I have no idea of the  full diagnosis report and the general report we get from the general service are same.

This is manily based on engine and it's systems. CVTs can be diagnosed through special scanners though I'm not sure whether they are available here. Give TL a call and see.