• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

vitz

The auto-stop & go function of many vehicles including EC is a real headache. Deactivation is also temporary as in the next start it activates again.  

I found an easy way out by forcing the S/S switch  by inserting a small cardboard enough to slip into the gap (just one side will do) anywhere around the S/S switch. See the Fig. Below: Believe me, it does work :).

My worry is would it cause any harm to the electronics?. This is really not a push type mechanical switch, it rather an electronic switch as you can see in the diagram below (red circled). I really can't understand how this switch work as you can see it has a light emitting diode and a switch like thing. Perhaps, Auto electronics experts in the forum would  be able to help me!!!

image.png.5856617436dca5082c5fbe5a764ea748.pngimage.thumb.png.b5cf275e68d347e1edb05310dd338135.png

46 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Luckily we don't have it in CHR :P:P

Yeah... Its a good thing in CHR. At least it's good that japanese vehicles gets an easily accessible switch. in 3008, it takes some time to find out the setting to switch off the SS that is integrated to the complicated display settings.

Edited by vitz

On 6/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, vitz said:

The auto-stop & go function of many vehicles including EC is a real headache. Deactivation is also temporary as in the next start it activates again.  

I found an easy way out by forcing the S/S switch  by inserting a small cardboard enough to slip into the gap (just one side will do) anywhere around the S/S switch. See the Fig. Below: Believe me, it does work :).

My worry is would it cause any harm to the electronics?. This is really not a push type mechanical switch, it rather an electronic switch as you can see in the diagram below (red circled). I really can't understand how this switch work as you can see it has a light emitting diode and a switch like thing. Perhaps, Auto electronics experts in the forum would  be able to help me!!!

image.png.5856617436dca5082c5fbe5a764ea748.pngimage.thumb.png.b5cf275e68d347e1edb05310dd338135.png

By the way, the LED of the AS&G selector switch is for  the night time illumination of the switch. So, the remaining part of the switch indicates that the switch is a  simple mechanical one. But, still it questions me how it get reset after switch off the engine.....:(

Edited by vitz

• 4 weeks later...

Time to replace airfilter.......

The vehicle came with a air-filter made by "MANN FILTER, Germany" 7803A109.

For my suprise, just a little web search found that Chinese make the counterfeit (I suppose) exactly resembles the original in physical appearance.....Perhaps we are paying quite lot of money to buy this counterfeit in Sri Lanka assuming It could be an original one.  

image.thumb.png.936e2d79d63c120e508edcda784ec29e.png

31 minutes ago, vitz said:

Time to replace airfilter.......

The vehicle came with a air-filter made by "MANN FILTER, Germany" 7803A109.

For my suprise, just a little web search found that Chinese make the counterfeit (I suppose) exactly resembles the original in physical appearance.....Perhaps we are paying quite lot of money to buy this counterfeit in Sri Lanka assuming It could be an original one.  

image.thumb.png.936e2d79d63c120e508edcda784ec29e.png

I too got mine from eBay

8Og8kZl.png

Wk1qZL4.png

sueiEa8.png

bVcPijA.png

Y4Sj803.png

3hYZmRI.png

Edited by Hyaenidae

42 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

I too got mine from eBay

8Og8kZl.png

Wk1qZL4.png

sueiEa8.png

bVcPijA.png

Y4Sj803.png

3hYZmRI.png

Thanks. Oh, it looks Mitsu is relying on German Pollen filter for their vehicle line up. Its quite strange.........

How did you find the equivalent part from Mann.

How certain it is a genuine product? (got it from China or from Europe)

Is there a big price advantage than buying from the Agent!!!!

On 7/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, vitz said:

Thanks. Oh, it looks Mitsu is relying on German Pollen filter for their vehicle line up. Its quite strange.........

How did you find the equivalent part from Mann.

How certain it is a genuine product? (got it from China or from Europe)

Is there a big price advantage than buying from the Agent!!!!

Well not really. For example, the 4A9 engine series which is being used in Lancer, ASX, Xpander and Nissan Livina was designed by Mitsubishi and built in Germany by Daimler. 

The Original MANN part number was printed on the original air filter (CU 2141) so I looked it up and found out that there is an another version of the same filter with activated carbon (CUK 2141) so decided to go for it

Well it was posted from Germany and had the tamper proof seal and the glowing sticker thingy and stuff, but there is always a chance that this is a grade A replica

At the time of purchase (2017) there was a difference of almost 2k IIRC, and the filter agent had was manufactured in 2015 or 2016 (manufactured date is printed on the filter). This way I got a filter manufactured in the same year.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well not really. For example, the 4A9 engine series which is being used in Lancer, ASX, Xpander and Nissan Livina was designed by Mitsubishi and built in Germany by Daimler. 

The Original MANN part number was printed on the original air filter (CU 2141) so I looked it up and found out that there is an another version of the same filter with activated carbon (CUK 2141) so decided to go for it

Well it was posted from Germany and had the tamper proof seal and the glowing sticker thingy and stuff, but there is always a chance that this is a grade A replica

At the time of purchase (2017) there was a difference of almost 2k IIRC, and the filter agent had was manufactured in 2015 or 2016 (manufactured date is printed on the filter). This way I got a filter manufactured in the same year.

Thanks.....Mitsu is using the same filter CUK 2141 in Eclipse cross too. 

• 2 months later...

Time to Replace Windscreen Wipers.......

Driver side : NWB NU-024 R

Passenger side: NWB NU-020 R

Total cost around Rs. 7000.00. Of course there are cheaper alternatives too, believe me NWB looks really solid even better than OEM

For people opt for UM: Total cost would be Rs. 18,000.00 :)

Hope this would be useful......

Edited by vitz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, vitz said:

Time to Replace Windscreen Wipers.......

Driver side : NWB NU-024 R

Passenger side: NWB NU-020 R

Total cost around Rs. 7000.00. Of course there are cheaper alternatives too, believe me NWB looks really solid even better than OEM

For people opt for UM: Total cost would be Rs. 18,000.00 :)

Hope this would be useful......

OEMs are NWB for Mitsus

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Time to replace Brake Pads for My EC.......

The price is nearing 60k in Agents...........So sort of tried to source it in the outside market. I found a joint in the web and the place boasts about using genuine brake pads for EC. So, why not to try....Called them today and the price for both front and rear breaks said to be Rs. 31,000.00. Insisted for the online payment too.....anyways no one should do it, unless the item is seen and delivered...

Then I asked them the photos of brake pads, and without a delay they sent them.... See the boxes of pads below...

image.png.478957aa16652f8b4a5500fdb8cdd9fa.png

Those look genuine.... :)

See the comparison of offered product (top) and the original part which came with the vehicle(bottom)

image.thumb.png.5abccd55164ae7a2a46ce05d5c9cc223.png

The one said to be original by the vender is "Sumitomo", but the genuine part should be from "Advics". I haven't heard about sumitomo break pads much. But, bit of internet search reveled that this sumitomo thing is available in Alibaba for 20 dollers. Noticed in some russian sites too. It seems the vender in Sri Lanka is keep on fooling EC owners by selling a counterfeit.

See the offered brake pad for the rear (top) and the original (bottom). Though, the offered pads are Advics I really doubt about whether they are genuine. Even the part number does not match....

Guys,,,, This is how our cunning venders try to fool us. Always, do a good web search before buying parts from outside. I am trying to import it from Amayama!!!!

image.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vitz said:

I am trying to import it from Amayama

Try Partsouq too. Recently I got down a genuine Air filter from them. Placed the order on 28th Jan and arrived at home on 3rd Feb through Aramex. Very impressive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Try Partsouq too. Recently I got down a genuine Air filter from them. Placed the order on 28th Jan and arrived at home on 3rd Feb through Aramex. Very impressive.

Hi, But there a quite a price difference between Partsouq and Amayama (35 dollers). However, Amayama does not show photos of the product :(

• Like 1

Regarding Agents, UM ....

I did a brake service one year ago at UM, Kandy. I was not impressed with the work they did. It seems, quality of the work is depend on the experience of the  worker who is handling the vehicle. The main issue is these places do not have established protocols to follow when a repair is done...

These are some observations

1. The guy who did the work applied normal grease to caliper pins. Fortunately, I noticed it. I was able to get cleaned everything and lubricated with silicone based grease (so called rubber grease)

2. Spilled brake fluid in the engine bay. They don't have an appropriate funnel to do the work.

3. Last weekend, I did the brake service by myself. Found that the guy has interchanged the caliper pins (one with rubber bush) when fixing it. The result was the caliper pin boot was damaged!!!!!. 

4. Rear, left caliper pins were not properly lubricated. The brake pad was irregularly worn.

I would be hesitate to go the kandy branch of UM, I hope the colombo branch would have better service personnel. 

• Like 1

Cabin Filter for EC. It was a quite struggle to find out VIC AC-201 EX Cabin filter for EC. It looks the VIC is almost comparable to MANN filter (Germany) which came originally. Interesting, this filter would fit to Lancer too:)1236373945_Screenshot2022-02-10at22_02_49.thumb.png.b580b6609a9b80f867e22719b5770802.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vitz said:

Cabin Filter for EC. It was a quite struggle to find out VIC AC-201 EX Cabin filter for EC. It looks the VIC is almost comparable to MANN filter (Germany) which came originally. Interesting, this filter would fit to Lancer too:)1236373945_Screenshot2022-02-10at22_02_49.thumb.png.b580b6609a9b80f867e22719b5770802.png

How much was it?

I purchased an original 7803A004 from US for $20 

1 minute ago, vitz said:

But, Amayama it costs nearly 40 Dollers with shipping. I am not sure the Agent price.

Thankfully my set of filters hitchhiked with a shipment of laptops from US so there weren't any added shipment costs 😁 $20 for the cabin filter and $19 for the engine filter, both OEM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, anyone of you have an idea of how to retract electronic parking brake. I tried couple of tricks on the web but did not work.

Do we need "Mitsubishi Scanner" to do it or any other scanner would do?