• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

PickMe or Uber Rental

dantoddd

@tilvin @dantoddd Don't get discourages with my stats. You have different options to hire. 

1. You can pay a monthly salary to a driver and you can employ him. (Question is, he may stay offline and do hires as he likes because a static monthly salary he gets. Just like some government employees. lol )

2. You can go for a commission based package with a driver. For instance 25% to driver and 75% to you. In this case, you should fuel the car. ( The driver may do offline hires and you won't be able to track it. - In this case, moment tracking system is helpful which I am going to install very soon once a day is cleared with the driver)

3. You can rent out the car for a taxi driver on monthly payment basis. ( In this case, you won't see the car until he returns it, Some set a monthly mileage restriction and beyond that, additional fee is charged per km. But ODO can easily tempered. I know a guy who owns 2 WagonR and every two months he sets the mileage to avoid being tracked from insurance claims and service records. He has actually run more than 150000kms on his first WagonR and the ODO says it's 48000Kms. So, as him, service records and insurance records are showing the tempered mileage and only he knows the mileage. (I was so upset about this but can't help.) This same person told me to run at least 8kms a day if you own a WagonR to avoid malfunction of the hybrid battery. and he stopped the engine auto stop function and said, it destroys the engine than saving fuel)

Hope this helps further to support your decision.

• 1 year later...

One Year Later -  a quick update on the customer perspective on Uber vs Pickme

I don't use Uber/Pickme as much as I used to now. However of the few trips taken of late I have to say I'm certainly not impressed with Uber and I'm close to uninstalling the app. 

- One big issue is they don't actually share the drivers number anymore : there would be reasons for that obviously but they provide some crappy landline number to call and they route it to the driver - the in app calling facility is poor. Most of the time you are unable to reach the number and in case you forget something you can't contact the driver ( did not happen to me - saw 2 posts on FB) 

-Cancellation is very high - almost 50% of the time your trip get's cancelled. 

- The last straw was when I requested an Uber XL for 5 people after a dinner and the 5 included a massive Scandinavian what uber sent me was a tiny Suzuki Every with a single row of seats that  would accommodate at max 3 people. 

The other service I've used is SLT Muve - the biggest issue is the lack of cabs - there's a few cabs going around as evident from the fact that if you request a cab from the same place twice you're likely to get the exact same car+driver. Other than that the prices are reasonable, cancellation is fairly low  - but the app lacks refinement. 

Edited by matroska

• 1 year later...