• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting a ODOmetere verification & inspection report

Nilusha_1

2 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

It is not possible to chech the milage whether it is genuine even by going through scanning at TL.since the original data can be re set.any way go to TL and ask for an inspection report.TL is the best place to go since they have the genuine toyota scanner

I doubt whether TL inspect on the history of the vehicle through various inspection reports earlier granted. But I've seen Car Ch***s posting mis matches they found some how thorugh the history of the vehicle.

The agent and the CC pretty much are good for different things.

The agent (at least in the past); did only a scan of the ECU and looked for general/visible discrepancies in the car. So they just listen to the engine, check for oil leaks, visible accident damage, ceck for wear and tear of brake pads, etc...the agent is somewhat better for checking the mechanicals.

CC has a lot more check points; so they are a lot more rigorous in the visual inspection of the car (i.e. the probability to find accident repairs, cheap fixes, etc..does increase). However, some of the things they report on are a bit hyped up too...for example...obviously a 10 year old car will have slight cracks on bushings and it does not mean all doom and gloom of the car. If a car has been checked by them before; then they are able to check against old records for any tampering of the car and they are able to tell you what has improved and what has gotten worst.

In Japanese cars there is no way to check for actual mileage tampering except for look for visual queues like improperly fixed clusters, scratched mounting screws, a low mileage car with an interior that looks like two tigers procreated in it, utterly worn out bushings, etc..In my experience CC has been better at digging up little clues like that than the agent. Again, it is not irrefutable evidence but merely a speculative guess (which is also probably the reason why the agent does not do it, i.e.  just report on the existing condition of the car as they inspected as oppose to suggest on what might have been done in the past).

Either way, get it checked from who you can afford and feel comfortable with (if possible both). Try to get the export inspection/valuation certificates verified from Japan. You can write to them directly or there are services that do it for you. If the car has a valid shaken, then being a relatively new car, see if you can find maintenance records from Japan (there usually is a maintenance note booklet); although most car sales people will claim that the records were not shipped with the car (which is fair I suppose) 

• Like 1

The best way to check if the mileage is genuine would be to inspect the Emission Test Certificates over the years. This is probably the only document that has a date and mileage where owners don't have a choice but to get one. 

But yeah, I'd have to agree on all points mentioned by iRage above.

52 minutes ago, iRage said:

The agent and the CC pretty much are good for different things.

The agent (at least in the past); did only a scan of the ECU and looked for general/visible discrepancies in the car. So they just listen to the engine, check for oil leaks, visible accident damage, ceck for wear and tear of brake pads, etc...the agent is somewhat better for checking the mechanicals.

CC has a lot more check points; so they are a lot more rigorous in the visual inspection of the car (i.e. the probability to find accident repairs, cheap fixes, etc..does increase). However, some of the things they report on are a bit hyped up too...for example...obviously a 10 year old car will have slight cracks on bushings and it does not mean all doom and gloom of the car. If a car has been checked by them before; then they are able to check against old records for any tampering of the car and they are able to tell you what has improved and what has gotten worst.

In Japanese cars there is no way to check for actual mileage tampering except for look for visual queues like improperly fixed clusters, scratched mounting screws, a low mileage car with an interior that looks like two tigers procreated in it, utterly worn out bushings, etc..In my experience CC has been better at digging up little clues like that than the agent. Again, it is not irrefutable evidence but merely a speculative guess (which is also probably the reason why the agent does not do it, i.e.  just report on the existing condition of the car as they inspected as oppose to suggest on what might have been done in the past).

Either way, get it checked from who you can afford and feel comfortable with (if possible both). Try to get the export inspection/valuation certificates verified from Japan. You can write to them directly or there are services that do it for you. If the car has a valid shaken, then being a relatively new car, see if you can find maintenance records from Japan (there usually is a maintenance note booklet); although most car sales people will claim that the records were not shipped with the car (which is fair I suppose) 

Thanx a lot iRage :) 

58 minutes ago, Nilusha_1 said:

If the milege is tampered is it checked at the japanese inspection report (By jevic or something else)

Whether itz tampered or not in a usual inspection report we get

You are importing a used car, which you have never set eyes on.

Should odometer tampering be your main concern?

6 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

That is not the only concern , that is one of the unknown

concerns among the things that you can  only track back with documented history of a vehicle?

Other concerns, We know obviously how the inspection goes on.

4 hours ago, Nilusha_1 said:

If the milege is tampered is it checked at the japanese inspection report (By jevic or something else)

Whether itz tampered or not in a usual inspection report we get

The Japanese inspection report shows the mileage of the vehicle as shown in the odometer. If the shaken is available then it might make some notes on that. No they do not check if the odometer has been tampered with. Almost in all cases the odometer tampering (and hack up vehicle budding jobs) are done after the official inspection and the original documents changed. So even if you ask for the original documents, it is highly unlikely they will give you the legitimate ones. Like I said, if there is a certificate, get it verified. 

Even if the mileage is low and genuine, the issue is it doesn't mean the car is good. There are plenty of SL car exporters/importers who buy accident damaged cars and do a quick and cheap fix up and export/import to SL. Even if the inspection report identifies the crappy work, they still would be altered.

There is nothing wrong with Japanese used cars...there are plenty of honest, un-tampered vehicles ranging from excellent to outright crappy condition. The issue is with Sri lankan vehicle exporters/importers. . So....yeah....you should have quite a few concerns when buying a car off of a local car dealer (that extend beyond just the mileage).

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Wait ! @Nilusha_1, the car is not imported yet ? You are planning on taking to Car C or the agents for an inspection AFTER you have paid and imported it ?

If it is still in Japan and/or you are planning on buying it from an auction..there are other ways to reduce the chances of getting duped by the car importer here before you buy and import the car from Japan.

28 minutes ago, iRage said:

Wait ! @Nilusha_1, the car is not imported yet ? You are planning on taking to Car C or the agents for an inspection AFTER you have paid and imported it ?

If it is still in Japan and/or you are planning on buying it from an auction..there are other ways to reduce the chances of getting duped by the car importer here before you buy and import the car from Japan.

Actually I have checked some cars here and found the odometers are tampered. I found a car with these documents. Have a look.

The cover says 23000km and the detailed report says 60000km. Looks like the other one is a fake jevic report or 2nd report has granted after the tampering. Since the date is different looks like its a 2nd report.

41479493_1932681210129347_8614502973164224512_n.jpg

41708591_508146879700496_5794983262623367168_n.jpg

16 hours ago, Nilusha_1 said:

Actually I have checked some cars here and found the odometers are tampered. I found a car with these documents. Have a look.

The cover says 23000km and the detailed report says 60000km. Looks like the other one is a fake jevic report or 2nd report has granted after the tampering. Since the date is different looks like its a 2nd report.

41479493_1932681210129347_8614502973164224512_n.jpg

41708591_508146879700496_5794983262623367168_n.jpg

I'm curious, how did you obtain these?

You may check odometer history at www.carvx.jp using the premium service.

12 hours ago, tcfern1 said:

You can check milage at the time of inspection from jevic website online by giving chassis number and jevic sticker number which is pasted on the windsreen

I didn't find it yesterday...so just kept quiet. Its just a Vitz...plenty of them around....so if anything feels off beat..just walk away. Don't waste your time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

I'm curious, how did you obtain these?

You may check odometer history at www.carvx.jp using the premium service.

The car importer him self sent me both  by mistake i guess :D BTW itz pretty expensive right. And can we assure that 

we will get all the deatils after paying.