Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
asirigaya

Honda Grace - Questions

Recommended Posts

I am a new Grace (2014 DEC) owner and I am facing small hesitation sometimes during the traffic. Let say I drive 20kmph and accelerates constantly(not sudden acceleration) and I feel the car slows (feels like cut down the acceleration) down for a moment and then come back to normal. 

Also noticed that when I stopped the car engine is either in high Revs (feels like 1200) and charging the battery or EV mode. Never noticed the engine is in normal Rev. Is it normal? 

During this high Revs in a traffic when I release the brake the car begins to move with small jerk/vibration like the clutch is not smoothly releasing. Can someone please help out with this?

Done 54K on ODO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it a new thing that at idling , the engine runs longer,more often or higher revs? Then the hybrid battery maybe losing ability to hold charge.

The jerk may hint to upcoming DCT gearbox issues known for this model year. Did you change transmission oil recently?

Best thing is to take to a good workshop and do a scan with original Honda software, Battery system and Powertrain scan. It will show in case of major issues.

ps: People in this forum also have jobs and private issues just like you, no one is obliged to give answers in a short time. And you could have searched the forum before whining.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajm said:

 

ps: People in this forum also have jobs and private issues just like you, no one is obliged to give answers in a short time. And you could have searched the forum before whining.

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ajm said:

is it a new thing that at idling , the engine runs longer,more often or higher revs? Then the hybrid battery maybe losing ability to hold charge.

The jerk may hint to upcoming DCT gearbox issues known for this model year. Did you change transmission oil recently?

Best thing is to take to a good workshop and do a scan with original Honda software, Battery system and Powertrain scan. It will show in case of major issues.

ps: People in this forum also have jobs and private issues just like you, no one is obliged to give answers in a short time. And you could have searched the forum before whining.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi..

Try changing the gear to L when you are in a heavy traffic. It avoids frequent gear changing and heating up the DCT.

Also keep Econ mode off when you are in small traffic. Do the same in steep too.

Me too using a Grace and now reaching to 80000.  

BTW did you change your Gear oil and Duel clutch oil at 40,000 ?

 

Edited by RKTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, RKTS said:

Hi..

Try changing the gear to L when you are in a heavy traffic. It avoids frequent gear changing and heating up the DCT.

Also keep Econ mode off when you are in small traffic. Do the same in steep too.

Me too using a Grace and now reaching to 80000.  

BTW did you change your Gear oil and Duel clutch oil at 40,000 ?

 

Thanks a lot for your advice. Yes. I changed gear oil and dual clutch oil at 40000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also know that dual clutch can be problematic when you drive in traffic. Since the computer predicts the next gear , in some (rare ) situations these prediction can get wrong depending on the traffic condition. Let's say you travelling at 3rd gear in traffic and you see traffic in front of you slows down. So you apply break. Computer then predict next gear as 2nd and pre-select the second gear. Suddenly traffic condition changes. Now there's free ahead road. Now you accelerate. At this time car hesitate to accelerate. Computer now need to undo 2nd gear selection and select 4th gear instead. This take second ( or half ). Once the 4th engaged you suddenly feel  jump forward. This is not a issue and completely normal. Otherway also possible to happen. 

Edited by virajn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×