• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DSG Gearbox

john cooper

Hi all,

Thought of discussing your experience, TIPS about DSG gearbox, i was searching some information online about my Tiguan DSG box and then thought of searching on AL for any information but i was not successful (may be my fault)

Please share your experience here to help on member.

regards

JC

There are number of youtube on DSG on what is positive/ negative, how to drive optimally, what not to do avoid damage to cluch

Behavior of the unit will also depend on the manufacturer too having experience the Honda and the Porsche

Honda is best kept in auto and the peddle shift was a nice decoration where as PDK on the Porsche is a delight to drive in manual

You need to be careful if using in heavy stop start traffic to avoid straining the clutch 

• Like 1

Thank you for the update kush,

My experience with DSG pretty good, for last 5 year i had trouble free motoring with my 06 Jetta TDI i have done close to 100k

Always serviced the DSG box on every 40k (Long runs) recommend 30k if you do lot of short runs.

I have gone to Tiguan and i was wondering why the GSD always starting from 2nd gear instead of 1st gear so i was searching on forums and AL, then i found there is no tread on AL about GSD box.

regards,

Sheran

3 hours ago, john cooper said:

Thank you for the update kush,

My experience with DSG pretty good, for last 5 year i had trouble free motoring with my 06 Jetta TDI i have done close to 100k

Always serviced the DSG box on every 40k (Long runs) recommend 30k if you do lot of short runs.

I have gone to Tiguan and i was wondering why the GSD always starting from 2nd gear instead of 1st gear so i was searching on forums and AL, then i found there is no tread on AL about GSD box.

regards,

Sheran

Is it the TDI model? I have been using a TDI version here in Sri Lanka. However, this particular model is equipped with a conventional 6-speed gearbox and it also starts from the 2nd gear. I think it is normal because of the higher torque the engine produces. 

Edited by peugeot407
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, peugeot407 said:

Is it the TDI model? I have been using a TDI version here in Sri Lanka. However, this particular model is equipped with a conventional 6-speed gearbox and it also starts from the 2nd gear. I think it is normal because of the higher torque the engine produces. 

Yes it is TDI model CBA engine.

It is DSG, 4 Motion. Simply DSG box is a manual gearbox controlled electronically.

You are correct, later i found this is normal for the TDI range due to higher low end torque and i found the electronic system smart enough to sense the throttle and the load when starting from a hill, so the it start from 1st gear and love the down shift as you get gear control as you drive a manual gear.

Heard the Hyundai start using DSG recently.

regards

JC