• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance for non-claimed accidents

GoDDy

No...I don't think so...especially after the policy has been renewed a few times after the damage (when the policy gets renewed what ever damage on the car at the time of renewal gets classified as pre-existing conditions..in most cases). Only way to claim it would be to be dishonest...which I don't recommend (remember one little lie leads to a 100 more)

But think twice before you start claiming every little scratch and dent. Because sometimes fixing the dent/scratch yourself can be cheaper than claiming it from insurance (because  of misc. fees, loss of bonuses, etc...)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoDDy said:

Hi,

I got a scratch on the front bumper and a dent on the hood of my car few years back which i didn't get it claimed(yes it's my mistake for not claiming then).

Now is it possible to claim for it?

No you can't.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, GoDDy said:

Hi,

I got a scratch on the front bumper and a dent on the hood of my car few years back which i didn't get it claimed(yes it's my mistake for not claiming then).

Now is it possible to claim for it?

Absolutely NOT possible!
You'll need a police report if you fail even an hour(or even minutes) to report the accident. One rainy night I scratched my front bumper and postponed to report till following morning. When I woke up in the morning the scratch was too damn big to ignore.
So called the Insurance and they wanted a police report. (Some will just say the accident happened in the morning  to avoid the trouble).

But my genuineness cost me so much time and hassle to get the police report, show the constable the place of the incident(home). 

And finally everyone thought (including my family) I was drunk that night! :D 

So good luck claiming for a year old accident! :(