• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

Hi Guys, 

Thinking of selling my Honda fit GP1 -10th Anniversary and looking for recomendations for a family car / suv between 4-4.5M. Few models caught my attention was Kia Rio, SWIFT, BOLENO, AUDI a1, civic 2008, KIA sportage 2011. Not worried about fuel but concerned in safety, power, reliability and handling. Drive 60Km per day on week days to work on hi-way. Ones a month to Kandy. 

Please share your thoughts. I would sell it off in 3 years. 

Edited by Emac

12 answers to this question

10 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Swift, Vitz or second hand GP5 

I recently purchased the new swift. Having owned a GP5 as well, here is my take on the suggestions.

Swift Pros and Cons

Pros,

looks very good with the RS trim

It’s fast, Excellent low down torque , very good steering, good 6 speed gearbox, 4 disks and light chassis 

handles well for a family car, low engine noise even at high revs

lots of goodies for the price, adaptive cruise, auto led low\ high beams with high beam assist, only thing it lacks for a car of its league is lane steering assist 

cons,

suspension is a bit on the firm side, bit bumpy on bad roads 

less resale value

fuel consumption 11 at best in city 

Vitz 

Pros,

its a “Toyota” resale value 

comfortable, quiet 

very good fuel economy 

cons

boring to drive

basic features 

GP5

pros

Its a Hybrid, will give you the best fuel economy 

Fantastic dual clutch gearbox (Silky smooth changes where you won’t even notice, gear changers are much much faster than the swift)

It is fast , faster than the swift provided the battery is charged fully 

Handles well , comfortable , due to the suspension being less firmer than the swift it’s more comfortable 

good resale value 

Cons,

engine can be very loud at high revs

low down torque is less and have to rev it a bit to come to speed

less goodies than the swift 

hybrid battery ?

GP5 or Honda is having alot of issues lately. 

Suzuki xbee is also a good option for that budget.

3 hours ago, Emac said:

Thankx Flying Fox the informative write up.

I heard the Honda GP5, Grace and Vezel have the same clutch issue, In fact a guy who bought a Vezel sold his one after coming across this issue in 2015 and another replaced the gearbox on his Grace last month the mileage was 30k. Stafford had mentioned it's due to the city traffic that these gear box fails. However not heard the same from GP5 how far this can be true?

Thanks zeem for your recon on Suzuki xbee but it's not my style. ?

Actually why these boxes might fail is mainly due to "Inching" in traffic. That is not good for a DCT as the clutch is not fully engaged. When your about to move you have to press the Gas instead of letting the car inch forward. Also when the car is standstill and the break is applied the clutch is automatically disengaged. These boxes and engineered well and the engineers have thought about all possibilities. Just that in our country with heavy traffic lots of people try to use them like conventional autos. Most people don't know that it is a DCT and the wonders of it. I had about 50k mileage when I sold my GP5. Never gave ma any sort of trouble except for the CTBA break systems which sometimes gets stuck. 

Most of the Xbee's internals are shared in common with the swift. The appearance is not for  everyone just like the CH-R. 

1 hour ago, Emac said:

Which one would you pick first from the above Shift, Vitz or GP5?

I had the options two months ago , I chose the swift. I travel a lot , adaptive cruise control alone was worth it for me.The swift really shines in the highway with its firm (a bit over GP5 ) suspension , you don’t really feel the speed. Fuel consumption is very bad while on boost ( above 3500 RPM). Keep it below that and it’s great ! The GP5 on the other hand will return more KMs to the liter , overall more refined , it really depends on your requirement. 

Btw I’m taking about the 1L turbo swift. If you can find a hybrid Swift for that price I think it will serve your requiement well ! It is a little bit slower , has a CVT box for fuel economy , naturally aspirated so that there is no all of a sudden boost as you rev (I love that btw). This might do around 13-14 to the liter  

Resale value : look nowhere other than the Vitz 

15 hours ago, Emac said:

Hi Guys, 

Thinking of selling my Honda fit GP1 -10th Anniversary and looking for recomendations for a family car / suv between 40-45M. Few models caught my attention was Kia Rio, SWIFT, BOLENO, AUDI a1, civic 2008, A postage 2011. Not worried about fuel but concerned in safety, power, reliability and handling. Drive 60Km per day on week days to work on hi-way. Ones a month to Kandy. 

The new swift's a sweet ride. If you don't travel on poor roads would be a good option. Baleno's the more 'mommy' version of it but has a bit of more space inside. I'm not really sure if you can get an A1 for that price. and what on earth is this ? 

15 hours ago, Emac said:

A postage 2011

Since you mentioned Civic 

http://www.autolanka.com/view/honda/civic/62055.html

http://www.autolanka.com/view/honda/civic/61857.html

Yes are correct A1 is 55m. It should me KIA Sportage 2011. Today i test drove Boleno the pickup was impressive. The breaks were a bit hard which resulted in more stiff ride compaired to the smoothness on my current honda fit.

I recently purchased the new swift. Having owned a GP5 as well, here is my take on the suggestions.

Swift Pros and Cons

Pros,

It’s fast, Excellent low down torque , very good steering, good 6 speed gearbox, 4 disks and light chassis 

lots of goodies for the price, adaptive cruise, auto led low\ high beams with high beam assist, only thing it lacks for a car of its league is lane steering assist 

cons,

less resale value

Vitz 

Pros,

comfortable, quiet 

very good fuel economy 

cons

boring to drive

basic features 

GP5

pros

Fantastic dual clutch gearbox (Silky smooth changes where you won’t even notice, gear changers are much much faster than the swift)

Handles well , comfortable , due to the suspension being less firmer than the swift it’s more comfortable 

good resale value 

Cons,

hybrid battery ?

I heard the Honda GP5, Grace and Vezel have the same clutch issue, In fact a guy who bought a Vezel sold his one after coming across this issue in 2015 and another replaced the gearbox on his Grace last month the mileage was 30k. Stafford had mentioned it's due to the city traffic that these gear box fails. However not heard the same from GP5 how far this can be true?

1 hour ago, Emac said:

Dual clutch has its own prons and cons. I don't think its designed to heavy traffic in long term. The problem is when you continuously travel very low speed ( like less than 5kmh) clutch started to slip generating heat. Dual clutch is designed to handle this heat but continuous usage like this will reduce its life time. Best option is to in heavy traffic wait for some space and ride bit faster enough to engage first gear. Other than that  like @TheFlyingFox mentioned its quite fast shifting with great fuel economy. 

Edited by virajn
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 12:15 AM, Emac said:

Hi Guys, 

Thinking of selling my Honda fit GP1 -10th Anniversary and looking for recomendations for a family car / suv between 40-45M. Few models caught my attention was Kia Rio, SWIFT, BOLENO, AUDI a1, civic 2008, A postage 2011. Not worried about fuel but concerned in safety, power, reliability and handling. Drive 60Km per day on week days to work on hi-way. Ones a month to Kandy. 

How about Mazda 2 Hatchback ?

17 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Swift Pros and Cons

Pros,

cons,

less resale value

Vitz 

Pros,

comfortable, quiet 

very good fuel economy 

cons

boring to drive

basic features 

GP5

pros

good resale value 

Cons,

hybrid battery ?

Which one would you pick first from the above Shift, Vitz or GP5?