• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Jerks when switching from EV to Engine Mode

ShaR

Hi,

I'm having an issue in my FIT GP1 2012. It clocks about 59000Km. CVT oil was changed at 38000Km. Services done at regular interval.

I'm getting a small jerk, when switching from EV mode to Engine power. Its mostly noticeable at low speeds. After this i did a engine tune-up, all plugs and injectors, throttle body were cleaned together with EGR value. (Actually they were in pretty good shape, no carbon or oil deposits)

After the tune-up, fuel compunction increased a little bit but the Jerk when switching from EV mode to Engine power was still there.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any suggestions in getting this issue solved?

/ShaR

On 9/3/2018 at 8:39 AM, ShaR said:

Hi,

I'm having an issue in my FIT GP1 2012. It clocks about 59000Km. CVT oil was changed at 38000Km. Services done at regular interval.

I'm getting a small jerk, when switching from EV mode to Engine power. Its mostly noticeable at low speeds. After this i did a engine tune-up, all plugs and injectors, throttle body were cleaned together with EGR value. (Actually they were in pretty good shape, no carbon or oil deposits)

After the tune-up, fuel compunction increased a little bit but the Jerk when switching from EV mode to Engine power was still there.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any suggestions in getting this issue solved?

Another evidence that, so called Tune-up's will not work for most of the cases in new cars even though several makabasses recommended. 

@ShaR

1. What is the millage when you buy this car?

2. Is this jurk a new thing to you or was it existed since the first day you started using this car? 

47 minutes ago, gayanath said:

Another evidence that, so called Tune-up's will not work for most of the cases in new cars even though several makabasses recommended. 

@ShaR

1. What is the millage when you buy this car?

2. Is this jurk a new thing to you or was it existed since the first day you started using this car? 

Hi Gayantha,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Mileage is 59000 Km

2. Quite sure its a new thing. Started noticing it from last week. (May be it was there earlier also, not that much noticeable)

Has anyone else notice/observe this behavior.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

The jerk you referred to is also accompanied with low clicking sound. I have read about this on Pakwheels Honda forum .

I think this is normal for GP5 & Vezel attributed to poor quality fuel and thick oil.

Try adding some 100 octane and switch to thinner oil like 0-20 oil.

Regards

On 3/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, mwm749 said:

Hi,

The jerk you referred to is also accompanied with low clicking sound. I have read about this on Pakwheels Honda forum .

I think this is normal for GP5 & Vezel attributed to poor quality fuel and thick oil.

Try adding some 100 octane and switch to thinner oil like 0-20 oil.

Regards

95 Octane is the best we have here is it not?

In which case you might need to you an Octane Booster like Liqui Moly SpeedTec or something from Wurth or STP

As for the thinner oil wouldn't the mileage the vehicle has run have a bearing on that?