• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to check if a Toyota 2C-L is overhauled/ rebuilt.

maxj

I've noticed most Toyota Diesel engines get overhauled/ rebuilt after it passes 300000Kms. I'm looking to buy a Diesel wagon ( 2C-L Engine) which has passed 300000Kms and the owner says engine was never overhauled (repaired according to SL terms). I know this could be possible if the engine and the vehicle was serviced on time with a careful maintenance. But still.. it is a must to check if the engine was tampered with such a long distance done.

How do I check if the engine was rebuilt? Is there any traces or signs to figure it out just by opening the bonnet or looking from below?

Edited by maxj

Check the engine no with the Reg doc.

Can you up load some pics of this supposed virgin engine? Ok, if the engine is original and not re-buil;t, it's now due for a major tear-down !  ? 

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

What you are concerned is not whether the engine is rebuilt or not but whether the engine in the car is due for an overhaul.

Get a compression test done. Its that simple.

Sure I can do that after I've Brought the vehicle. What I meant was Before buying it. Surely there must be some traces if the engine was tampered right?

Whoops my bad, not a hatchback but a Wagon, re-edited.

Edited by maxj

3 hours ago, maxj said:

Sure I can do that after I've Brought the vehicle. What I meant was Before buying it. Surely there must be some traces if the engine was tampered right?

Whoops my bad, not a hatchback but a Wagon, re-edited.

Manufacturing year? The 2C engine has a timing belt. check it's sticker on the timing cover and any replacement history on it,.. you should be more concerned on the current condition of the entire car when purchasing as it will affect the future running and reliability,..

Edited by Twin Turbo