• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice please for buying a car

vks

Dear Friends, I am looking forward to buy a car (Toyota/Honda), brand new or recondition, my budget is 6m-7m .

Could you please suggest a car model (normal /hybrid) concerning the following factors:

1. Average usage 25 -50 km /day 

2. comparatively low maintenance and operational cost

3.  reasonable ground clearance

4. reasonable internal spaces when going out with family 

5. No frequent repair and maintenance headache.

I greatly appreciate your expert/valuable comments and advises on this regard

Thanking you.

I recommend the axio, you can easily find one within your budget (brand new) and as a user I've no complaints.

I get over 30 kmpl if I drive carefully and over 25 kmpl if I step on the gas a little more.

Had no maintenance costs apart from service costs and been using it for around 2 years.

New civic is a solid option too and I think it definitely has more presence than the axio..

1. Honda Civic 2017

2. Toyota Axio 2017/18

3. Honda vezel rs 

4. The new Nissan leaf?

3 hours ago, vks said:

Dear Friends, I am looking forward to buy a car (Toyota/Honda), brand new or recondition, my budget is 6m-7m .

Could you please suggest a car model (normal /hybrid) concerning the following factors:

1. Average usage 25 -50 km /day 

2. comparatively low maintenance and operational cost

3.  reasonable ground clearance

4. reasonable internal spaces when going out with family 

5. No frequent repair and maintenance headache.

I greatly appreciate your expert/valuable comments and advises on this regard

Thanking you.

Sticking to the two brands you mentioned 

If you want a relatively well seasoned model that is popular on our shores you can go for an Axio hybrid in the mid 60's. It's a nice car but it lacks that little bit of X-factor. Honda Grace is another contender . Another 'safe' but boring option would be an unreg Allion ( I think you can get it for that budget) 

Two other kind of 'different' cars I can think of is the Civic and the CHR.  Of the Two you can get a SR grade Civic for below your budget(~5.9 M)  The EX grade is more expensive. I have suggested the CHR here as a 'car' since in reality it's just a over hyped hatchback. 

If you take your specific criteria. 

[2] Not sure if the Civic can fulfill these requirements its very new and we don't quite know how the 1L Turbos fare in our conditions. 

[3] Again the Civic is a bit low. The CHR has a bit of ok ground clearance. 

[4] Just a word on the CHR regarding this, Despite being a Crossover-based vehicle  its awfully cramped inside specially if you're a tall bloke. 

[5] None of these new vehicles will give you headaches for the near future. Just be aware of how the Turbocharged Civic will fare though I really don't expect it to throw up any nasty surprises. 

20 hours ago, matroska said:

Two other kind of 'different' cars I can think of is the Civic and the CHR.  Of the Two you can get a SR grade Civic for below your budget(~5.9 M)  The EX grade is more expensive. I have suggested the CHR here as a 'car' since in reality it's just a over hyped hatchback. 

Well C-HR does stand for Compact High Rider or Coupe' High Rider :) 

For this budget you'll be able to get the C-HR ST grade. It's going around 6.5 to 7 million. GT grade will be around 7.5.

If you look harder you'll be able to grab a second hand GT for less than 7million.

More bells and whistles than axio,allion,premio or Vezel.

Fun to drive too.

Edited by sathyajithj99

On 8/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, Spec1337 said:

I recommend the axio, you can easily find one within your budget (brand new) and as a user I've no complaints.

I get over 30 kmpl if I drive carefully and over 25 kmpl if I step on the gas a little more.

Had no maintenance costs apart from service costs and been using it for around 2 years.

New civic is a solid option too and I think it definitely has more presence than the axio..

1. Honda Civic 2017

2. Toyota Axio 2017/18

3. Honda vezel rs 

4. The new Nissan leaf?

Thank you for your response. I am thinking about Toyota Rush or Honda Vezel RS, what falls  best under my criteria?

I would look at a top of the line Civic or the Vezel RS. The new vezel has a bit more power than the old one as well. Toyota also has the CHR but its love or hate for the appearance. Axio is a very boring car with wage steering, but its like having cash in your hands when selling, Others don't have that advantage. 

For those who have doubts about the 1L turbos, They are really Gems! They have really good low down torque , sometime like a good diesel. You don't have to rev it that much to go somewhere, from around 1500 RPM most 1L turbos have all the torque!. and when you rev it the turbo does the job and picks up speed. They produce power somewhat near what a 1600CC-1800CC N/A engine would produce. When your not revving it and just cruising it is very very economical as well. Economy and performance when you need it best of both worlds! 

22 hours ago, iRage said:

Well C-HR does stand for Compact High Rider or Coupe' High Rider :) 

Yes it is. Still quoted for OPs beneifit cos Ive heard SriLankans refer to the CHR as Jeep(average people) and  SUV.(posh peeps- not crossover mind you but just SUV) 

Example: " ara dostharala ehema gennana jip eka"

" Machaang bugger bought that new Toyota suv- whats it called men?"

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

For this budget you'll be able to get the C-HR ST grade. It's going around 6.5 to 7 million. GT grade will be around 7.5.

If you look harder you'll be able to grab a second hand GT for less than 7million.

More bells and whistles than axio,allion,premio or Vezel.

Fun to drive too.

Never driven one but travelled. Its a nice car and has that little bit extra than the Jam-paan Toyotas. 

9 hours ago, matroska said:

Yes it is. Still quoted for OPs beneifit cos Ive heard SriLankans refer to the CHR as Jeep(average people) and  SUV.(posh peeps- not crossover mind you but just SUV) 

Example: " ara dostharala ehema gennana jip eka"

Actually these "dostharala" buy the premio than the C-HR. In my hospital there are about 15 New premios and I'm the only one who is having a C-HR.

When I took the C-HR for the first time to the hospital, they all came to inspect it and make sure they made the better choice by buying a premio over C-HR.

Their main concerns were that premio has electric seat adjusters and C-HR has electric lumbar adjuster only.

They also made sure to check my average fuel economy on my display and it was 11.6 kmpl since I bought it.

They were like " Ayyo meke thel karan naane. Premio eka 20K withara karanawa."

I stayed silently when they were complaining about the body shape too.

Recently I went to Ambewela and came. I really enjoyed the ride. It handled the curves very well ( comparing with my previous141 axio, it is a big improvement) The 1.2L turbocharged engine gives enough boost to climb the hills and also during overtaking. I'm quite happy about the ground clearance too. All the techs inside also gives a quite futuristic feel. 

IMAG1265.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Ayyo meke thel karan naane. Premio eka 20K withara karanawa

Ahh the sri lankan measure of a cars success ?? I have a cousin who uses a 2017 Allion and im pretty sure it does about 12 or 13. Your doc.friends maybe put surgical spirit as a fuel additive?? ?

That car looks mean machan. Im a bit of an old school car fan but still having travelled in the CHR i feel it's a good overall package. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2018 at 12:36 AM, Spec1337 said:

I recommend the axio, 

Haha! 
උඹ මචන් Car එක drive කරගෙනද යන්නේ? නැත්නම් N එකේ දාල තල්ලු කරගෙනද? ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Haha! 

Hitahn photo tikak gahala ewannm drive krama. 

2 hours ago, Ganu88 said:

Fuel economy of 2016 Axio hybrid for a 122km trip

In heavy traffic does 16-18 Kmpl normally around 22-25 kmpl

fuel.JPG

What's the source and destination of your 122km trip? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ganu88 said:

Fuel economy of 2016 Axio hybrid for a 122km trip

In heavy traffic does 16-18 Kmpl normally around 22-25 kmpl

fuel.JPG

lol I got 18 going down...and coming up...to and from colombo to kandy that is. Same car!!!! Interesting....I gotta learn to free wheel the damn thing. Will make the drive a bit more interesting than what it is now I guess. Weren't you bloody bored to death men? Not to forget the plight of the others on that damn road.

19 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Haha! 

Newest fuel efficiency measure in SL.... Push-meters-per-kilometer (PMPK), to be used in conjunction with KMPL

When the Allion/Premio end production in the next few months/year to come, these Doctors are going to value their Premios higher than gold; and another set of Doctors are going to need therapy

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 2