• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine oil for 2017 Suzuki Swift RS Hybrid

Imal Shanaka

Hi Guys,

I have a new 2017 Swift RS Hybrid and about to do the first oil change at 5000Km's. Can anyone recommend me the best engine oil for this car?? what i have heard is, as this is equipped with an idle stop function normal engine oil will not work. Also searching the internet i found that Castrol MAGNATEC HYBRID 0 W-20 is recommended. (I doubt that i can find this in SL). Hoping to do the oil change at Pitstop.

Any expert advice about this??

Thanks.

6 hours ago, kush said:

0w-20 is recommended available in Toyota, Mobil

If you use syntactic can go up to 10K or 1 year

Thanks mate.

Today i downloaded the Japanese user manual for the model and it says something about 5W-30 also. Actually it says that go for 0W-16 if the outside temp. is somewhere around -15c and says about 0W-20 and 5W-30. I'm actually confused now as I'm thinking whether the 0W-20 is too low for Sri lanka.

1 hour ago, Imal Shanaka said:

Today i downloaded the Japanese user manual for the model and it says something about 5W-30 also. Actually it says that go for 0W-16 if the outside temp. is somewhere around -15c and says about 0W-20 and 5W-30. I'm actually confused now as I'm thinking whether the 0W-20 is too low for Sri lanka.

No issue using 0W20 in SL. Irrespective of brand, use 0W20 for your car. 

• Like 1

Non-Turbo engines, 0W-20. I have a RST and i use 5W-30.

Toyota 0W-20 for 5000KM service intervals

Mobil 1 0W-20 or any other full synthetic oil for 10,000KM service intervals.

I think all RS Hybrids are equipped with the Idle stop feature. IMHO better to use the thinner oil as the engine is always stopping-restarting.

image.png.a2d2396061ca50b6ef8c64a1ac199a5e.png

Edited by TheFlyingFox
  • Like 1