• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

@Sanuka Jeewantha better you ask all Delica t120 questions in one thread. Guess @Admin can merge this thread to this.

I never feel Delica t120 original steering system hard. So I propose you to repair it first as its more than 35 years old now. Also doing this type of conversion can mess up the system.

Try to use it in original condition and feel it. Those days it said "ඩෙලිකා කියන්නේ පුවක් ගහෙත් යන්න පුලුවන් වාහනයක්".

40 minutes ago, kusumsiri said:

@Sanuka Jeewantha better you ask all Delica t120 questions in one thread. Guess @Admin can merge this thread to this.

I never feel Delica t120 original steering system hard. So I propose you to repair it first as its more than 35 years old now. Also doing this type of conversion can mess up the system.

Try to use it in original condition and feel it. Those days it said "ඩෙලිකා කියන්නේ පුවක් ගහෙත් යන්න පුලුවන් වාහනයක්".

Of course @kusumsiri. I decided to change more wider tires instead of original. After changing the tires I will decide to install or not. Do you have a experience with wider tire on delica with wider tires.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Sanuka Jeewantha said:

Of course @kusumsiri. I decided to change more wider tires instead of original. After changing the tires I will decide to install or not. Do you have a experience with wider tire on delica with wider tires.

Thank you

Sorry I did not use wider tires. Search the forum about wider tires. You may find more information. 

From memory, there is no bracing for a power steering rack to be installed and the T-120 never came with factory power steering. So you will have to do a lot of work to get a compatible rack installed. This will involve welding brackets into the front axle and cross-members. 

Unlike the 1400cc Lancer A72 of the same era that came with a 4G33 (Saturn) engine, the T-120 came with a 4G41(Neptune)  engine which doesn't have space for a compressor or a power steering pump to be installed, so installing the power steering pump will also not be easy. 

I remember that countries like Indonesia and Philipines got a Colt T-120 which is the same as the Delica T-120 with a totally different rear end. Still I think they too didn't come with power steering. So no luck with finding parts there either I think.

My advise for you is to stick to regular steering. Maybe you can run a few extra PSI  in your front tyres to compensate for the extra width. This should lighten up the steering a bit. I've upsized tyres of cars without power steering and if you choose the right rim+tyre combo, you wouldn't run into significant increases in stiffness of the steering wheel. What's the size of the tyres you're running?

• Like 1