• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pejero io turbo

Owen

Have a problem with this car. since last year when I bought it was perfectly well until Early this year I bought bad fuel in some area I thought they would be a filling station, just after toping up the bad fuel the car lost power and stayed there for a week.came back got an Expart to look at the car and he took out the GDI pump and serviced it and the car become normal gained power and came back home with it.but I noticed the Engine check light started showing once a well until two weeks ago it started behaving the same way and the rpm was exceeding 4000.i took the pump out and cleaned it ofcourse there was a bit of dirt on those plates in side .later put it back it was better though not 100% as expected. still it could not exceeding 4000 as expected .now today it has started behaving the same way and of late the consumption has been high since the first service of the pump.can anyone help me how this can be sorted out.

Mitsubishi GDI pumps are very sensitive to bad fuel. If you've attempted servicing the pump multiple times, it's likely that the pump is no longer able to maintain high fuel pressure. There's a lot of discussion on the forum about GDI fuel pumps and servicing them, but end up replacing the unit. Even Mitsubishi doesn't service them according to my knowledge. 

Before moving on, get a diagnostic scan done and find out the error codes the engine is throwing.

Did you replace the fuel filter?

25 minutes ago, Owen said:

Is there a way to clean it or just need replacement? 

The pump is inside the filter assembly which can be cleaned, but the filter element will have to be replaced. I don't think the filter element alone is available. It usually comes with the filter housing. 

On 8/21/2018 at 6:59 PM, Owen said:

Thanks Davy I will let you know once I have it replaced and any improvement.

Before replacing anything, I think you should get the fuel pressure checked. Wouldn't hurt to replace the fuel filter if you haven't done it already though.