• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle category delica t120

Sanuka Jeewantha

Question

Hello,

Delica t120(kichi kichi delica) is come under motor lorry van in vehicle category (registration book). It has 4 seats without driver seat and weight is under 3500kg. Could it be driven under light vehicle license? In vehicle registration book vehicle category is mentioned as motor lorry van not motor lorry.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Hi Sanuka, Welcome to the forum!

My father used to have a T120 many years ago and I remember that it was registered as "Light Motor Lorry" (C1) class. He had a C, C1 licence, but I didn't. So he wasn't that happy about me driving the van. But I drove it for quite a few years without being pulled over. ;) So yes, according to my knowledge you need to have C1 as an allowed class in your driver's licence to be able to drive it.

Note that this is based on experience that is a few decades old. Things might be different now and maybe another member can elaborate.

Hope this helps. 

EDIT: Also find the below link on the RMV website that lists all vehicle classes. Note the C1 class:
http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165&Itemid=165&lang=en

Edited by Davy
Added link to DMT website
  • Like 1

Delica T120 having 34/38 sri number plates which fall onto class Light Motor Lorry (C1). @Davy's reference prove it.
My father too had one. But in my case its a A class (old) drivers licence. So not faced any issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davy said:

My father used to have a T120 many years ago and I remember that it was registered as "Light Motor Lorry" (C1) class. He had a C, C1 licence, but I didn't. So he wasn't that happy about me driving the van. But I drove it for quite a few years without being pulled over. ;) So yes, according to my knowledge you need to have C1 as an allowed class in your driver's licence to be able to drive it.

Note that this is based on experience that is a few decades old. Things might be different now and maybe another member can elaborate.

Hope this helps. 

EDIT: Also find the below link on the RMV website that lists all vehicle classes. Note the C1 class:
http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165&Itemid=165&lang=en

Thank you davy

Some guys tell that It can be driven by light vehicle license. Because vehicle category is mentioned as motor lorry van not as motor lorry.

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Hope this helps. 

It's not exeeding 3500kg and it has 9 seats.

2018-08-20 19.53.47.png