• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice for a new car owner

ratamassa

Hey guys,

I managed to get myself a used car recently and I have a bunch of general questions regarding a few things.

Servicing: What are some good places for this? I've a Toyota, but I assume going to Toyota Lanka isn't really an economical idea.

Repairs and Parts: Again, places. I want to DIY a bunch of things on the car, and would love some input. Currently there's a leak in the windshield washer and I want to get the tubing replaced, how should I go about this?

Dashcams: I feel like this would be a good investment. Anything you guys recommend?

I felt like there isn't much info around for new car owners, so if there's anything that would be helpful, please share.

Much thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Answers to your questions can be found on the forum if you do a simple search.

As for the windshield washer tube, the easiest would be to just cut the tube where the leak is, and use a connector to join them. If you need to replace the entire tube, just take a sample to a spare parts shop/hardware and get a new one and replace. 

My advice,

Don't worry too much about fuel economy, resale value, 92 vs 95 arguments, Engine oil 30 vs 40 vs 50 arguments, DVD player arguments, reverse cam arguments, effects on car price if tax policy changed arguments, etc ----- > And USE and ENJOY your car.....:sport-smiley-004: