• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic ek3

Anfi

Question

Hi I like to buy a Honda Civic ek3. I need some advises about ek3 . Can anyone help to me. Last 2 years am running an alto 800 . Am a daily runner around 100 kms. Thanks My budget is 2.5m 
1 . Which is the best ek3 I think virs is that correct and 
2. Is Virs model originally have manual gear or only mmt 
3.  any big difference in acceleration mmt vs manual
4. Final 1 Honda Fit gp1 vs civik ek3 what is the difference in performance(acceleration,handling etc) coz fit is new and hybrid best in fuel and comfy prize dif is around 0.5 mill only 
thanks

4 answers to this question

Buddy, first ek3 is very different car from fit..Fit is designed for fuel efficiency but not that good in that though....If you want handling go for ek3..The McPherson struts never fail ..Fit is just a boring drive never qualify even to compare...And for mmt and manual..Both are peppy in acceleration..You don't feel you are driving an auto if it's a VTEC MMT..But lot of ek s are molested here in wrong hands..Hard to find a one in good shape...virs is comes with stiffed suspension , disk breaks and few cosmetic addition comparing to normal VTEC Ek3 ..Performance are pretty similar...And lastly vtecs deliver a decent fuel economy of 10-12 in all condition...

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheClutch said:

Buddy, first ek3 is very different car from fit..Fit is designed for fuel efficiency but not that good in that though....If you want handling go for ek3..The McPherson struts never fail ..Fit is just a boring drive never qualify even to compare...And for mmt and manual..Both are peppy in acceleration..You don't feel you are driving an auto if it's a VTEC MMT..But lot of ek s are molested here in wrong hands..Hard to find a one in good shape...virs is comes with stiffed suspension , disk breaks and few cosmetic addition comparing to normal VTEC Ek3 ..Performance are pretty similar...And lastly vtecs deliver a decent fuel economy of 10-12 in all condition...

Thanks buddy. Got it.dn u r saying if i buy 18 year old ek3 i cn gt a good riding pleasure dn fit gp1.

i never driven a ek3. I search a lot. Finally I decided to go for virs.coz high end and new model in ek3.

but 1 of my friend suggest me to go for lev mi model. He s saying its good in fuel And ground clearance. But itz a non vtec model.wts ur opinion virs vtec or lev mi non vtec? Am confused. Is thr any major difference between those models(acceleration fuel etc)

and what about lancer ck2 comparing with ek3.

Edited by Anfi

7 hours ago, Anfi said:

Thanks buddy. Got it.dn u r saying if i buy 18 year old ek3 i cn gt a good riding pleasure dn fit gp1.

i never driven a ek3. I search a lot. Finally I decided to go for virs.coz high end and new model in ek3.

but 1 of my friend suggest me to go for lev mi model. He s saying its good in fuel And ground clearance. But itz a non vtec model.wts ur opinion virs vtec or lev mi non vtec? Am confused. Is thr any major difference between those models(acceleration fuel etc)

and what about lancer ck2 comparing with ek3.

Lev is low emmision vehicle comes with non VTEC engine..Slightly low powered than the d15b VTEC .. Acceleration is better in VTEC..And ground clearance are same in all..Not that much an issue if you drive cautiously..If you want something economic and performing car..Get a manual VTEC..Best of both worlds

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheClutch said:

Lev is low emmision vehicle comes with non VTEC engine..Slightly low powered than the d15b VTEC .. Acceleration is better in VTEC..And ground clearance are same in all..Not that much an issue if you drive cautiously..If you want something economic and performing car..Get a manual VTEC..Best of both worlds

AM working in construction form thats y I mentioned the ground clearens.alto and aquas hight k. What about with ek3 hight with aqua? And am a daily runner Kurunegala to kandy or Colombo.how many km s can i run average per letet.13km/l k for me.coz my alto als doing 15/l.part of life z going with riding thats y i need driving pleaure with my budget.what about lancer ck2 also

its prize 5lax lower than ek3virs.thnaks