• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to Drive a New Car

Antonfdo

Hi Guys,

First let me say that I am new to this group, so go easy on my stupid question :).

I am planning to buy a brand new vitz (1000cc) with 0 millage. My question is, I keep hearing different opinions on how to drive the first 1000km, the speed etc etc.

Any suggestions on how to start driving it? What is the recommended amount of acceleration? top speed? breaking etc etc?

For how long should I follow the above?

What will happen if I don't follow the above?

Thank you in advance

BR

Anton

2 hours ago, Antonfdo said:

Hi Guys,

First let me say that I am new to this group, so go easy on my stupid question :).

I am planning to buy a brand new vitz (1000cc) with 0 millage. My question is, I keep hearing different opinions on how to drive the first 1000km, the speed etc etc.

Any suggestions on how to start driving it? What is the recommended amount of acceleration? top speed? breaking etc etc?

Thank you in advance

BR

Anton

No need to worry. Just drive normally. Give it like 1000kms before you start having fun. Hope this will give you additional info - 

1 hour ago, Antonfdo said:

Thanx Bro for the info.

I am curious, If the car doesn't have a tachometer (which I think a vitz ksp130 doesn't have), am I supposed to gauge the RPM with my instincts?

Yes that’s correct.

For regular driving just forget that it’s a new car. Just drive.

All I say is avoid driving like crazy. You don’t have to worry about anything when you drive normal. Like regular driving at 60-70 km/h.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Yes that’s correct.

For regular driving just forget that it’s a new car. Just drive.

All I say is avoid driving like crazy. You don’t have to worry about anything when you drive normal. Like regular driving at 60-70 km/h.

For a new vehicle is it ok to drive on the highway at 70-80km? or should we avoid going on long distances at the same speed?

Edited by Antonfdo

On 8/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, Antonfdo said:

Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance

BR

Anton

For a brand new car, all this information should be in the manual, so please take the time to look through it properly. You should do that anyway, but our people don't like to do that. Well, I guess most people don't like to do that, hence the acronym RTFM.