• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2008 Suzuki Swift Oil Leak

Nuwan007lk

Question

Dear friends,

My Father's 2008 JDM Suzuki Swift (zc71s) is having this engine oil leak. As shown in the image and as far as I can understand, this leak is from a sensor point, is this the crankshaft position sensor? How do I rectify this issue? Your valuable opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks guys

CollageMaker_20180707_225113397.jpg

PASKU634850_e30c36.jpg

Edited by Nuwan007lk

7 answers to this question

Agree with @Twin Turbo. It could be from the sensor o-ring or the cam cover gasket. 

That looks like the oil control solenoid for the VVT or the camshaft position sensor. The crankshaft position sensor should be further down the engine. 

• Thanks 1

Like Davy said this would be Oil Control Valve for VVT. In Suzuki Swift M13A Engine leaking oil from this Oil Control Valve is a very common issue for old engines. Mostly leak happening from power connector of valve. You can replace it with used Japanese one removed from engine (cost will be Rs 4000 to Rs 8000). I have tried to repair it with sealing with glue but not succeeded (M13A Engine).

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much guys. I have also identified the part from this oil pump diagram (number 10), according to this and as all of you mentioned, it’s the oil control valve and the leak is probably due to a faulty O ring in the control valve.  I'm thinking of ordering it through the site. Total cost with shipping is around $16. Part number is 16118-51KA0-000.

Is this the correct product? Is thing only one O ring in this? 

Link - https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/suzuki/kei-swift-1865/zc71s-3512/vfge-fh3-70542/oil-pump-499765#

82e654162d49522f104b0a4ad020baec.png

11-2_grande.jpg

Edited by Nuwan007lk

On 8/22/2018 at 12:28 AM, Nuwan007lk said:

Thank you very much guys. I have also identified the part from this oil pump diagram (number 10), according to this and as all of you mentioned, it’s the oil control valve and the leak is probably due to a faulty O ring in the control valve.  I'm thinking of ordering it through the site. Total cost with shipping is around $16. Part number is 16118-51KA0-000.

Is this the correct product? Is thing only one O ring in this? 

Link - https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/suzuki/kei-swift-1865/zc71s-3512/vfge-fh3-70542/oil-pump-499765#

11-2_grande.jpg

Hi Nuwan

Did you manage to solve this matter? I'm also having the same issue.