• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio Fuel consumption

TmdRockz

9 hours ago, TmdRockz said:

My car is a 2018 Premio. Its brand new. I worry a little about the fuel consumption. Long distance trips , the meter shows about 11 km / L. But ive heard some say it works 16km/L. Should i worry about this ? Is this normal ?

machan never believe the 'some-say' fuel figures. A 1.5 Liter Auto Transmission car in Sri Lanka would generally manage less than 10 KMPL in heavy traffic and depending on driving style would get anywhere like 12-15 KMPL on the open roads. Maybe you're a little heavy footed or did you re-set the trip for the long outstation trip? Also try a full-tank to full-tank test and calculate. Don't worry too much about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, arju008 said:

Mine 2017 Premio. Usually Kandy to Mahiyangana 78km 20km/L. Back to Kandy 17km/L. Highway 22km/L. City 10-12km/L. Average 15.

Well had the identical car , but never ever had those figures. Colombo she did from 8-11, highways i can once remember the figure being 18 something but not sure what i was smoking en route  ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sadik said:

Well had the identical car , but never ever had those figures. Colombo she did from 8-11, highways i can once remember the figure being 18 something but not sure what i was smoking en route  ??

Yeah I agree, my 260 also did max 8-9 in colombo and 14-18 highway (Granted I do drive with a heavy foot)

Do not accelerate fast especially at traffic lights, get a pair of ear plugs so that you will  not get disturbed by honking of people behind who are in desperate need to get to places.

Always use the center lane so you don't get distracted from fast moving traffic

On highway stick to 60-70 kmph this is the range Allion/ Premio is most economical, you should be able to get over 20 kmpl

alternatively get in to a bus or train which is more economical or a sell the car and get a Wagon R which has more leg space, has all the bells and whistles and will be 10-12 in the city 16-18 highway even if you beat the s**t our of the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, kush said:

Do not accelerate fast especially at traffic lights, get a pair of ear plugs so that you will  not get disturbed by honking of people behind who are in desperate need to get to places.

Always use the center lane so you don't get distracted from fast moving traffic

On highway stick to 60-70 kmph this is the range Allion/ Premio is most economical, you should be able to get over 20 kmpl

alternatively get in to a bus or train which is more economical or a sell the car and get a Wagon R which has more leg space, has all the bells and whistles and will be 10-12 in the city 16-18 highway even if you beat the s**t our of the car.

Best Answer! ?

• 1 year later...

I drive a 2019, Toyota Premio with 1.5L engine. In my opinion, Fuel consumption will depend on numerous factors; Driving habits, tire pressure, carrying weight and the type of fuel you feed the car with. Mine does about 12km/L on average (60% urban:40% Highway). I use 95 octane fuel and tire pressure 32.8 psi.(Toyota recommends 33.8 psi, this is little uncomfortable considering road conditions here) On highway it does approx. 15-17km/L this is with 4 people inside and around 50 kg in the trunk. Hope this helps.   

Edited by VajjaC
addition

2 hours ago, VajjaC said:

I drive a 2019, Toyota Premio with 1.5L engine. In my opinion, Fuel consumption will depend on numerous factors; Driving habits, tire pressure, carrying weight and the type of fuel you feed the car with. Mine does about 12km/L on average (60% urban:40% Highway). I use 95 octane fuel and tire pressure 32.8 psi.(Toyota recommends 33.8 psi, this is little uncomfortable considering road conditions here) On highway it does approx. 15-17km/L this is with 4 people inside and around 50 kg in the trunk. Hope this helps.   

I'm on 28 psi.Can't stand anything above.It's really uncomfortable.

6 minutes ago, GayanR said:

I'm on 28 psi.Can't stand anything above.It's really uncomfortable.

I generally fill 32 - 33 on outstation but 30 for Colombo. (not for premio)

Bec, majority of outstation roads are far better than Colombo roads. 

Never had an allion but my axio had the same engine 1NZ-FE as in Allion/Premio 260. In an ideal situation, unless there are some serious aerodynamic changes between both cars, the fuel efficiency should be similar considering both are just petrol cars running the same engine and sharing a lot of commonalities. (Specially the fact that premio/Allion is not a luxury car but a standard compact sedan like corolla axio). 

The fuel efficiency depends on a lot of external factors such as the amount of acceleration, braking, road surface etc. 

City fuel efficiency is around 8-11 KMPL, rarely around 13-14 if its the free stretches down baseline road and no heavy acceleration. 

Outstation driving efficiency depends really on where you go, If you are cruising downsouth the roads are mostly flat and low so you will notice an improvement on your efficiency but the max ive got is around 16-17. 

When you are travelling uphill, specially to kandy its a different story, going uphill and the rapid overtakes of the slow trucks is gonna affect your fuel efficiency very badly and you can sometimes even do less than what you do in the city if you are heavy footed. 

Going downhill is a different story and here is where many people come up with their unbelievable efficiency, Coasting downhill from kandy or anywhere, you're obviously going to see huge improvements in the fuel efficiency and for some reason the modern toyotas reset the fuel efficiency once you fill up the tank full, so if you refuel somewhere near peradeniya and start coasting down kadugannawa at 40-60 you are going to see it go upto 23KMPL but this is just momentary and at the end of the journey it will get back to its 14KMPL, Best way to test it out is from a full tank to full tank calculation. 

Same scenario pans out on free roads, Once i was omw to pick up from the airport and i refueled the night before from wellawatte and did the airport run the following morning at 4AM, I was averaging around 50KMPH in city and 70 on the normal negombo road, not a lot of stop lights and there was barely any deceleration so it surprisingly indicated 18.3KMPL. 

Basically dont care what others say abt these fake efficiency values and stuff. Think practically and enjoy your sweet new ride ( I mean its a premio dude). 10KMPL is good enough for the car, if you want to save up more, consider doing stuff like setting up your ac on 24-25, and a high fan speed rather than setting it on lo/Auto so that the compressor isnt working hard all the time. 

I too have never had an Allion or Premio even though drive one or two friend's cars.

12 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Going downhill is a different story and here is where many people come up with their unbelievable efficiency, Coasting downhill from kandy or anywhere, you're obviously going to see huge improvements in the fuel efficiency and for some reason the modern toyotas reset the fuel efficiency once you fill up the tank full, so if you refuel somewhere near peradeniya and start coasting down kadugannawa at 40-60 you are going to see it go upto 23KMPL but this is just momentary and at the end of the journey it will get back to its 14KMPL, Best way to test it out is from a full tank to full tank calculation. 

True.... See this shared on a FB group. This is from Nuwaraeliya to Katharagama  (However, don't know whether return trip included bec, one way is around 150 km)

957159820_PremioGroup.thumb.jpeg.336a6f15aaa8b2b4f8f36fdd77fa9e01.jpeg

Anyway, below two images are from my very close friend. His car is  NZT260 (2014/03 - 1.5 L). Both are outstation trips with 2 + 2 kids onboard. 

This is from Kadawatha to Hotel RIO and back via Southern Expressway. 

1702207230_KadawathatoRioandBack.thumb.jpg.17aa616516e338d05e1215ba8566cc35.jpg

And this is from Kadawatha to Anuradhapura, Matale and back to Kadawatha. 

1347207912_KadawathatoAnuradhapuraandMataleandbacktoKadawatha.thumb.jpg.91474047157133fdfe48de9b30bad52a.jpg

My recent trip to Nawalapitiya from Malabe through Hatton road had some interesting fuel consumption situation. Going up hill with only 2 adults + 1 kid and light boot did max 17.2 KMPL until Kithulgala and then went down as the climb became bit steep from there. Final average came around 15.4 KMPL. Down hill trip with 3 adults and loaded boot (hal pol freight) did 15.6 KMPL  max and once we reached back home it was about 15 (including a stop with engine running for some grocery shopping). Both ways are with some normal traffic congestion.

Note that these figures are from on board computer and I had never bothered to check tank to tank method nor I'm concerned with fuel figures at all.

Edited by hrm