• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car speaker repair

dushanf

7 hours ago, dushanf said:

Any good place/technician to repair car speakers? my JBL is slightly broken, can't find a place to buy original JBL. Thanks.

Dude genuine jbl is available provided you know where to look for. Assuming you damaged a specific speaker oem for a car, that maybe hard to find but obviously there are enough genuine jbl speakers in universal form to fit your application. I doubt local repair will hold up to original jbl standards.

7 hours ago, dushanf said:

Any good place/technician to repair car speakers? my JBL is slightly broken, can't find a place to buy original JBL. Thanks.

Are you looking for repair for the coil or damage to the speaker cone,etc..? For sure technicians can re-coil or if the problem is on the crossover they can replace the crossover. But I doubt it will be good as new. If it was me I would replace atleast both the sides from a good audio shop like P@tc@. As per my experience they have good speakers and the workmanship is good. 

You can also try ebay right? I guess those 'top rated plus' sellers would sell quality products? But still I guess you need to buy 2. Also need to make sure you buy speakers with same ohms range (Obviously the correct size like 6.5 or 6,etc).

Once I got my car speakers rewinded by the local TV mechanic for 300/= per speaker. If the (paper) cone is damaged, it will cost another 200/=.

Though the quality is not 100% as original, it is close as 80% i would say.

I'm not sure sure this is economical, because unbranded speakers can be bought for the repair changes.

I would suggest this repair if u don't have any other options only.

13 hours ago, tiv said:

Dude genuine jbl is available provided you know where to look for. Assuming you damaged a specific speaker oem for a car, that maybe hard to find but obviously there are enough genuine jbl speakers in universal form to fit your application. I doubt local repair will hold up to original jbl standards.

Please, can you pm me the place, mine is one of the high grade ones, hard to find. Thanks so much dude

13 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Are you looking for repair for the coil or damage to the speaker cone,etc..? For sure technicians can re-coil or if the problem is on the crossover they can replace the crossover. But I doubt it will be good as new. If it was me I would replace atleast both the sides from a good audio shop like P@tc@. As per my experience they have good speakers and the workmanship is good. 

You can also try ebay right? I guess those 'top rated plus' sellers would sell quality products? But still I guess you need to buy 2. Also need to make sure you buy speakers with same ohms range (Obviously the correct size like 6.5 or 6,etc).

Thanks so much for your reply, one of the speakers provides rattling sound for low bass, not sure if its the coil or something else. :( I checked in the shop you mentioned and almost all the other car audio shops in colombo, they dont have. :(

Due to the popularity of JBL now there are a lot of fakes. Almost all ebays are fake/chinese JBLs. I did some research on this. This is regarding JBL high end speakers only. Not sure about others.

Can buy from Amazon but the duty cost n shipping is insane dude. Almost 3 times the price of the speakers. And then you have to pay more money to post office dirty bloods + duty again to clear it. Its crazy

Edited by dushanf

13 hours ago, gNaveendra said:

Once I got my car speakers rewinded by the local TV mechanic for 300/= per speaker. If the (paper) cone is damaged, it will cost another 200/=.

Though the quality is not 100% as original, it is close as 80% i would say.

I'm not sure sure this is economical, because unbranded speakers can be bought for the repair changes.

I would suggest this repair if u don't have any other options only.

Thank you so much for the reply, I would be happy if I can repair it as I have the other one as a back up. Its just makes rattling sound only for deep base

33 minutes ago, dushanf said:

Thank you so much for the reply, I would be happy if I can repair it as I have the other one as a back up. Its just makes rattling sound only for deep base

I hope that rattling thing is not from the speaker. Hope its some other part inside the door (some nut or clip or something like that).

• 1 month later...

Hi!

We can repair your speaker upto the original condition without any issue. All repair parts are impoerted from the manufacturers. Best Quality assured. We are pioneer's in the audio field since 1962. 

Fell free to contact us.

Welcome Radio Electrons

No.52/17,Gothatuwa New Town(IDH Junction), Angoda.

Tel: +94 112410409 /+94 712063552