• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios signal lights

PathumLK:::::::

Question

I have toyota vios 2003 car

Normally when a door open, signal lights starts blink for several times. This system works fine until today morning. I did not do any repair or anything.

Now when doors open dashboard "door open" light indicate but the signal lights blinking does not happening. Car works fine ( normal start/ radio/ setup/headlights) 

What could be the problem and where should i check.

p/s - when hazard switch on, both signal lights blinks. also lights works with signal switch too

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, PathumLK::::::: said:

I have toyota vios 2003 car

Normally when a door open, signal lights starts blink for several times. This system works fine until today morning. I did not do any repair or anything.

Now when doors open dashboard "door open" light indicate but the signal lights blinking does not happening. Car works fine ( normal start/ radio/ setup/headlights) 

What could be the problem and where should i check.

p/s - when hazard switch on, both signal lights blinks. also lights works with signal switch too

As far as im aware, this function comes with the security system for vios. I believe the one you are having is a after market one. To me it sounds like an issue with your security system. 
Do you have the security system with an Immobilizer ?

1 minute ago, PerfMad said:

As far as im aware, this function comes with the security system for vios. I believe the one you are having is a after market one. To me it sounds like an issue with your security system. 
Do you have the security system with an Immobilizer ?

yes sir. I have after market door lock and alarm system. i install it around 2015 i guess.

1 minute ago, PathumLK::::::: said:

yes sir. I have after market door lock and alarm system. i install it around 2015 i guess.

It could be something to do with the functionality of the system. You could try with resetting the system (if the system manual has a way). 
What is the system installed? There are some advance system which needs to do some configurations after resetting for it to be used.. However, if you are having a basic security system then, try resetting it.

If not you can remove your negative battery terminal and keep it for 10-15 mins and then plug it again and see whether it will resolve the problem.. (this is not advised if your system is an advance system and if you are not capable of reprogramming it by yourself)

1 minute ago, PerfMad said:

It could be something to do with the functionality of the system. You could try with resetting the system (if the system manual has a way). 
What is the system installed? There are some advance system which needs to do some configurations after resetting for it to be used.. However, if you are having a basic security system then, try resetting it.

If not you can remove your negative battery terminal and keep it for 10-15 mins and then plug it again and see whether it will resolve the problem.. (this is not advised if your system is an advance system and if you are not capable of reprogramming it by yourself)

Thank you very much for the information. It is not an advance system . it do only lock/unlock and alarm.  It cost me around 4500 i guess in that time. I will try the negative battery terminal step and see if its work. otherwise i will take the car to the same place where it was installed. thank for your information again.

1 minute ago, PathumLK::::::: said:

Thank you very much for the information. It is not an advance system . it do only lock/unlock and alarm.  It cost me around 4500 i guess in that time. I will try the negative battery terminal step and see if its work. otherwise i will take the car to the same place where it was installed. thank for your information again.

Happy to help. Do let me know the outcome :) 

Note that this may have an impact on your AUTO power shutter functionality to stop working (as memory will be wiped out), but i will tell you how to reprogram it as it requires only few simple steps ..