• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

NISSAN ad wagon overheat

Ishara1999

Question

I have a nissan ad wagon 2003 model and today i went to mannar while driving my temperature gauge reached the high level , what is the reason for that? The fans are working properly and the return water also flows to the bottle again .  So that the thermostat is also working properly 

2 answers to this question

You can't assume the thermostat valve is working just because coolant is flowing back to the expansion tank.

1. When the engine is cold, remove the radiator cap and check the coolant level of the radiator, if the expansion tank fills up with coolant, and the radiator has a low level of coolant, then it's possible that the radiator cap is faulty and releases pressure before it should (or there's a leak somewhere).

2. When the engine is cold, remove the radiator cap, switch the AC on and let the car reach operating temperature. When the temp gauge is at half mark (or normal operating level), rev the engine slowly and observe the coolant in the radiator. It should flow in one direction. If it doesn't either you have a faulty water pump or a faulty thermostat valve.