• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car is wobbling at slow speed.

HRS

My car is 2008 LANCER CS1. It's with the original whee comes form the manufacturer.

Car started to wobble at slow speed few months back. Recently I replaced all four tiers and I am experiencing the issue continuously. Last week I consulted a good guy who is having good experiencing for wheel alignment. After the investigation, got to know that three wheel out of four have slight bent. Therefore, technician advised me to replaced replace bent wheels. 

Greatly appreciating your comments on this issue. I am ready to replace my wheels. 

Thanks

HRS 

That's a bit strange... Was your car involved in an accident? 

Anyway, if the wheels are bent as you say they are, you can easily find replacements or even get them straightened out. There are places that will straighten bent wheels. @trinity got a couple of buckled wheels straightened a couple of years ago and he should know the spot. If you search the forum, you should be able to find names of more places that straighten buckled wheels. 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:32 AM, Davy said:

That's a bit strange... Was your car involved in an accident? 

Anyway, if the wheels are bent as you say they are, you can easily find replacements or even get them straightened out. There are places that will straighten bent wheels. @trinity got a couple of buckled wheels straightened a couple of years ago and he should know the spot. If you search the forum, you should be able to find names of more places that straighten buckled wheels. 

Would it be safer to buy 4 new alloys that match existing tires? 

Since he said his car was hit buy a lorry is there places to check the damage for the frame of the vehicle? (if it was a hard accident that could have impact to the frame?)

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Would it be safer to buy 4 new alloys that match existing tires? 

Since he said his car was hit buy a lorry is there places to check the damage for the frame of the vehicle? (if it was a hard accident that could have impact to the frame?)

Repairing wheels is safe if done properly. It's probably cheaper than going for a new set of alloys as well. But yeah, if I was OP, I'd make use of the chance to upgrade to a decent set of alloys.

As for frame Damage, Car Checks does visual inspections. I remember Formula World in Seeduwa had computerised chassis straightening equipment, so maybe they're able to identify if the chassis has really sustained damage. 

Accident was impacted to left two doors and the fender. Repaired done in U Motors. Hope nothing happened to the chassis. By the way I have an idea to buy new alloy wheels to replace the original wheels. JJ W***ls would be a good place to make the purchase?     

Edited by HRS

12 hours ago, HRS said:

Accident was impacted to left two doors and the fender. Repaired done in U Motors. Hope nothing happened to the chassis. By the way I have an idea to buy new alloy wheels to replace the original wheels. JJ W***ls would be a good place to make the purchase?     

I have purchased alloys from them several years ago. They used to be pretty good.