• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 306 engine missfire

pug306

Question

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I recently bought a Peugeot 306 1.4 sedan carb model. I did some repairs on gearbox, changing t-belts etc and an engine tune up. Now car hops like a horse when accelerating. Also sometimes car stalls when trying to accelerate on the slope outside my house. And it has a horrible fuel economy too,about 6,7 kms per litre even driving outstation. What could be the problem? Bad fuel pump? Ignition coil? Or just a poorly tuned carburetor?

Sent from my SM-G935F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

who did the "tune-up" and T-belt change knows about PUGs? 
Is the engine timing right? spark-gaps changed? these engines are better left without the traditional Jap "tune-up", just replace parts with originals and keep running.

Thank you for the reply!
T-belt was changed by an ex car Mart technician whose workshop is @makola. Engine tune-up was done by p*la auto electricals @ orugodawatta. How can I determine if the engine timing is right? And what are spark-gaps?

I meant the gaps in the Spark-plugs. 

If you know the Engine code, you can search easily on internet how to keep the Belt Timing correctly.

Anyway the places you mentioned seem quite knowledgeable with PUGS so better get back to them with the issues.

• Like 1

Start by replacing the sparkies and tuning the carb and check/adjusting the timing,.

How's the air filter? hope you didn't wash the engine.

P.S. you might have a prob passing the emissions test.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

I meant the gaps in the Spark-plugs. 

If you know the Engine code, you can search easily on internet how to keep the Belt Timing correctly.

Anyway the places you mentioned seem quite knowledgeable with PUGS so better get back to them with the issues.

Once I had an overheating issue, makola guy said it should be a blown head gasket which I didn't believe. Then I went to the agents, turned out to be bad fan control unit. So I lost my faith in the guy. And I've tried two or three more pug specials, some said it's a carb prob and they cannot undertake this issue.one took apart the carb,oiled it and charged me 6500 saying the problem is gone. When I was back in the road viola! It still exists. Honestly I'm tired of these people