• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

BMW E30 enthusiasts?

MrCat

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

These are the same reasons for the existence of any kind of grooves. Either way, sweet! Is your car a 318i?

Yeah true :)

This car is a 318is.  The 'is' was made between 1990 and 1991, towards the end of the E30 series. BMW mainly wanted to position this against the popular VW Golf Gti back then. :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick weekend job to try and get a bit of extra work years from my battery. Installed a battery kill switch. Its quite easy to install in this case since the battery is in the boot. Decided to put between the negative terminal and ground since that was the easiest. 

Kill switch and new terminals. Home-made bracket: 

batt_kill_switch_1.jpg

Installed and all working fine  :)

batt_kill_switch_2.jpg

Edited by MrCat
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Any E30 / Old Beemer news from SL??  Anyone??   ?

Faaarks sake, life is not eventful these days..!!    :(

Havent checked under the cover of my car in about 2 months,  i think it is still there... :D

2 hours ago, fiat fan said:

There is an E30 with a 2C for sale

This is like the ultimate හපොයි.. situation for you @tilvin !!  You'll have climb to the roof of your house, stand on the roof top and yell හපොයි...? at the top of your voice for at least 5 mins straight today buddy....

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, speed8 said:

America: Let's LS swap everything!

Sri Lanka: Let's 2C swap everything!

Couldn't have said it better. 

Utter molestation of an E30. 

Edited by AVANTE
Typo

15 hours ago, fiat fan said:

There is an E30 with a 2C for sale

Yeah, saw that before :D  Exterior 'seems' to be in better shape that most but. Easy fix (i.e. M40 swap) 'if' the front sub-frame and gear box mounts etc.. are not hacked up...  :D :D 

I`d love to feel how it drives actually. I am guessing kinda sad with a bit of torque low down but nothing else. :(  The last time I drove a 2C was probably a 64-  Corolla. 

Just now, MrCat said:

Yeah, saw that before :D  Exterior 'seems' to be in better shape that most but. Easy fix (i.e. M40 swap) 'if' the front sub-frame and gear box mounts etc.. are not hacked up...  :D :D 

I`d love to feel how it drives actually. I am guessing kinda sad with a bit of torque low down but nothing else. :(  The last time I drove a 2C was probably a 64-  Corolla. 

But 18 thel wada karanawa bro!

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

E30 bro

Screenshot_20200516-132803_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200516-132755_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200516-132752_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200516-132741_Chrome.jpg

Ayyo, I'm so obsessed over the E36 it's everywhere ?‍♂️?

I put up the ad link but it was a no no and needed approval by a mod and all so didn't bother. 

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Ayyo, I'm so obsessed over the E36 it's everywhere ?‍♂️?

I put up the ad link but it was a no no and needed approval by a mod and all so didn't bother. 

No directs links bro

Haha u and ur e36.we need to buy u one asap

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, tilvin said:

In original Toyotas, 2C works 10~11 kmpl. But in BMW....???.???

Exactly. The owner is lying. He hates his life and his car. But he's doing the love my car but its gotta go thing.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, speed8 said:

Won't be long until we see examples selling for double of that I guess.

Still remember the days I saw $30k E30 M3`s and thought that price is mental for a little E30..!!   ?

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

A friend bought a 2020 M2 Competition recently.  331kW and 550Nm of Twin Turbo straight six glory!  :D  Revvs all the way to redline with absolutely no signs of lag!  A bit too much power and torque for the rear wheels to cope with at times, but lots of fun!

198820203_m2competition3.thumb.jpg.4d9bb53f41bd3f824605b0aed3872c0a.jpg

Here`s the little beast next to my little nugget.!! :D:D  Surprisingly, almost the same length. Track and width is a different story :D 

2097091438_m2competition2.thumb.jpg.e7121ec66ba0e1e19cf0d8e680e789a2.jpg

1092368183_m2competition1.thumb.jpg.d22791f575388a444f733a311c90cfb1.jpg

I know one cannot compare 400+ HP and 2020 design and chassis dynamics to a 30 year old car, but to be totally honest, the E30 still gives me more smiles per gallon! Maybe it`s just me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kush said:

Fun part is exploring the limits of the car which you could do in the E30. New M cars cannot be enjoyed properly unless you have access to private roads or track.

That`s exactly right, fun within not so crazy speed limits is key here. Even when compared to an older "M" car, the drama and the raw-ness is just not there in the new ones. Cant blame the manufacturer really, just different times  (and gov regulations, and user expectations, and all that jazz  :D)

Forget everything else. Still prefer them round quad-lights.

Never liked the rear end on these either. Then again I’m biased towards older BMW’s.

Too much plastic on these new cars.

Made to swap every few years. specially in western countries where you “lease” it for 3 Years and get rid of it.

My 96’ A4 had felt lining even the door bins. The A6 has it a rubber mat thing, but no lining. Going down in quality for sure. 

Give me an E34 M5 as my only car and I won’t change it for life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1