• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic 1.0T 2018 Rear suspension knocking Sound

NemesisArc

Hello Guys,

Im new here although i've followed the forum for couple of years which was pretty helpful.

I have a CIVIC 1.0T SR with only 1000Km on the clocks now (imported 0 milage) and theres a knocking sound coming form the rear suspension when i hit a sharp bump on the road. otherwise no sound on any rough roads and everything is pretty smooth.
I found a youtube video with exactly my issue. i will not post the link since i'm not sure whether its agains the rules. but you can search "Civic X rear suspension knocking sound!"

I've had a visit to to the agent and they test drove and said its normal for low profile tires since it doesn't absorb much sound from the pothole hence transferred to the body. 

Have any of you civic x owners came across the same issue? appreciate your thoughts.

Have a good day!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 9:33 PM, misnad said:

Never heard this on my Civic.. I have the EX.. does yours have Adaptive Dampening for the rear shocks and if so, try turning it off and see. Found that there was also a service bulletin of sorts from Honda about this,,,

honda service bulletin.png

I have the SR and adaptive damping is not available on this grade. thanks for the service bulletin. i've came across this too but disregarded because of the temp range it occurs.

Seems better to take a look at it anyway.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, NemesisArc said:

Hello Guys,

Im new here although i've followed the forum for couple of years which was pretty helpful.

I have a CIVIC 1.0T SR with only 1000Km on the clocks now (imported 0 milage) and theres a knocking sound coming form the rear suspension when i hit a sharp bump on the road. otherwise no sound on any rough roads and everything is pretty smooth.
I found a youtube video with exactly my issue. i will not post the link since i'm not sure whether its agains the rules. but you can search "Civic X rear suspension knocking sound!"

I've had a visit to to the agent and they test drove and said its normal for low profile tires since it doesn't absorb much sound from the pothole hence transferred to the body. 

Have any of you civic x owners came across the same issue? appreciate your thoughts.

Have a good day!! :)

This is normal. My SR had the same rough noise when it is new. But it went a way with time. It took about 6 months to disappear.