• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car loss power when after changeing Gear and Car Sudden jump

pradeepbuss

Question

hello friends.. 

My car is Toyota Corolla Ae110 1996 and 165000Km on it. 

This is my car problem

When i shift gear and accellerate  car loss power for couple of seccond and suddenly car jump with sound in engine area.

in the morning cold start this not happen and i can drive car whole day without stopping engine.

after engine hot i turn off the engine and restart car proble is start and car jump(shake) each gear change.

I think this issue occure in Engine Hot, after engine cold this not happen

also note i foot off from Gas pedal and re accelerate this car jump problem occured.

anyone can advice to solve this is issue i really appriciate

Thanks

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, tilvin said:

I suspect problem with clutch plate. Get a professional mechanic check. Anyway, to start with - change the gearbox oil first.

ok i will try to change gear oil. problem is this not occur in in cold engine start. if engine hot , stop the engine and start again imediately this hesitating (jump) problem occur.

Edited by pradeepbuss

6 hours ago, pradeepbuss said:

also note i foot off from Gas pedal and re accelerate this car jump problem occured.

So the problem can be reproduced even without the a gear change, if you release the gas pedal and allow it to drop the RPM further down and then throttle it , then you might be able to clearly notice this.

my guess is a miss fire (due to a problem in the ignition path). probably plugs, wires or coils.ignition coils related issue are more noticeable when engine is hot.

fuel related miss fire also possible but not that probable.

FYI: in a manual gear box just changing gear oil not solve this kind of problem , so dont do that, if it is necessary you may do it once your problem is solved.

Edited by MV-5

13 minutes ago, MV-5 said:

So the problem can be reproduced even without the a gear change, if you release the gas pedal and allow it to drop the RPM further down and then throttle it , then you might be able to clearly notice this.

my guess is a miss fire. probably plugs, wires or coils.

yes you are correct. this problem happenin 2 situation.

1) when i change gear and try to accelerate

2) when i foot off from gas pedal (Ex :apply Break) and reaccelerate.

this only happen engine hot situation Start. cold start car run perfectly normal.

Edited by pradeepbuss

Could be due to a dead spot in the throttle position sensor that acts up when warm. You can get it tested quite easily with a multimeter. It's basically a variable resistor, so what you have to do is make sure that the change in resistance is proportional to the amount you've rotated the TPS. Any spikes in resistance or "dead spots" (i.e multimeter reads 0) means the TPS is faulty. 

If you don't have the equipment, reproduce the issue and take the car to a place that can do a diagnostic scan and observe the TPS sensor reading on the scanner. 

If it can be reproduced while in neutral and stationary, it's definitely not the clutch or transmission. 

Does the car idle smoothly? 

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Could be due to a dead spot in the throttle position sensor that acts up when warm. You can get it tested quite easily with a multimeter. It's basically a variable resistor, so what you have to do is make sure that the change in resistance is proportional to the amount you've rotated the TPS. Any spikes in resistance or "dead spots" (i.e multimeter reads 0) means the TPS is faulty. 

If you don't have the equipment, reproduce the issue and take the car to a place that can do a diagnostic scan and observe the TPS sensor reading on the scanner. 

If it can be reproduced while in neutral and stationary, it's definitely not the clutch or transmission. 

Does the car idle smoothly? 

Thanks  tilvin , MV-5 , Davy  for your valuable help.

Yes Car idle smoothly. 

Yes i check my TPS and using multimeter it seems to be OK. 

MY Car only have Diagnosis box.i short T1 Te1 pin and dashboard engine light show no any problems in car.

i want to clear this is only happen After Hot engine starts only. Not engines Hot.

Ex: morning first start i can drive car without this problem. once drive 30min and engine warming up i turn off the car and restart this hesitation occur.

At cold start does the engine rev up to around 1500 RPm and then slowly settle down to around 800? Also when the engine is hot try revving up to around 3000RPM, keep it revved up for 10 seconds and suddenly release the accelerator. Observe if the engine RPM come down smoothly.

19 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

At cold start does the engine rev up to around 1500 RPm and then slowly settle down to around 800? Also when the engine is hot try revving up to around 3000RPM, keep it revved up for 10 seconds and suddenly release the accelerator. Observe if the engine RPM come down smoothly.

hello rumesh.. unfortunately my car doesnot include RPm Guage. I short TE1 E1 using wire and Enginie raise RPm for couple of second and slowly rpm back to normal(clearly hear RPM Up)