• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan leaf Battery

Anil Gunawardena

Question

Dear Friends,

I'm having Nissan Leaf 2013 X Grade Car. My Battery Cells Getting Reduce. Now I got 6 White Cells (Excluding Red Cell)

I know, Lots of Nissan Owners having the same issue. Can we replace with higher capacity 30KW? I'm the first owner of my Car imported directly from Japan

If anyone knows, how to fix this issue. Please let us Know.

Regards,

Anil

Edited by Anil Gunawardena
New Answers to Questions

14 answers to this question

You can use the battery until the last four capacity bars (Including two red bars). So I suggest not to replace the battery now. At the moment there are only used batteries available (with state of health 75-80%) and will cost around 400,000/-. There are plans to bring down brand new batteries from the original manufacturer in japan and the nagotiations are still in progress by some people who are actively involved in the EV community in SL. So if you wait a little longer you can get the benefit from it.

As for your question the 30 Kw battery is not compatible with 2013 models due to it's physical properties.

what about mileage? Are you first owner?

changing to a non-compatible battery would create more problems with charging circuits and power management software.

@gayanaththe Prof. and TV star would say "don't worry,this is normal,since all Leafs having same behaviour!"

Edited by vag2
  • Like 1

I owned a leaf prior and was a big fan of the car. Had to let it go because of the battery issue and commutes getting longer and range getting shorter. Battery support is kinda really poor and attempts are feeble. There are a load of fb groups maintained by owners. I suggest you follow them for options. The govt. Is partly responsible for this. 

1 hour ago, tiv said:

I owned a leaf prior and was a big fan of the car. Had to let it go because of the battery issue and commutes getting longer and range getting shorter. Battery support is kinda really poor and attempts are feeble. There are a load of fb groups maintained by owners. I suggest you follow them for options. The govt. Is partly responsible for this. 

2018-08-09_10h17_20.png.bb9a431a864de8da19c2df884be1663f.png

Looks like everyone with a Leaf wants to get rid of it these days..

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tiv said:

Same issue with my car battery capacity went down from 100 to 70% within 1 1/2 years of use in SL, within first 4 years from date of manufacture.

Apart from the batter issue car does not have any other issues and was very economical on day to day running.

Sadly (but thankfully) a bus driver decided to help me write it off

• Haha 2

That number is rather significant as only about 5000 odd made it here during that draft in 2015. I myself lost 1mil in depreciation. You can't blame one for trying to selling it off in a way as no one bought it that cheap (2.8-4.4mil ) and we have no battery lease. Also no one anticipated accelerated battery degradation . And also expected the local tech or investors to catch up.  The Nissan agent also played a foul role as the leaf didn't fetch sufficient revenue in terms of services and repairs , thus they ignored the leaf for almost 2 years since the influx and finally when they did look this is way,  their rates and services are rather expensive and not the vital ones you need to run a sophisticated car such as a leaf. Basically if some big **** goes down you are on your own. 

Edited by tiv

4 hours ago, kush said:

Same issue with my car battery capacity went down from 100 to 70% within 1 1/2 years of use in SL, within first 4 years from date of manufacture.

Apart from the batter issue car does not have any other issues and was very economical on day to day running.

Sadly (but thankfully) a bus driver decided to help me write it off

Must have been quite a blow as they are rather well built and heavy; would love to hear the drama from the insurance company as well lol. They hate leafs!

Edited by tiv

7 hours ago, kush said:

so it was parked in a car sale for 2.5 years until you bought it?