Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
TmdRockz

Fitting a reverse camera for a Premio

Question

Hi guys, i have a 2018 Premio. (2016 model). I saw that there is a slot / space for a reverse camera near the rear number plate light. Does it comes with the wire already installed to the place of the Monitor ? Or do i have to do the wiring ? The other question is do i have to cut wires to make a connection from the reverse light ? Is there a way to make a connection without cutting or damaging the wire ? I know some guys at pe*co will do this easily but im afraid to remove those casings and housings where the wires go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If there is an existing wiring you would be able to see through that slot at the back.

Installation process is pretty straight forward, plug and play job, it's not necessary to cut any wires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
54 minutes ago, Magnum said:

If there is an existing wiring you would be able to see through that slot at the back.

Installation process is pretty straight forward, plug and play job, it's not necessary to cut any wires.

Thanks bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Does anyone know Backup Camera models that has Steering guided lines ? I dont know whats the real name for that thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, TmdRockz said:

Hi guys, i have a 2018 Premio. (2016 model). I saw that there is a slot / space for a reverse camera near the rear number plate light. Does it comes with the wire already installed to the place of the Monitor ? Or do i have to do the wiring ?

Generally the wire harness is same with the highest grade, so most of the time wiring will be available.  

On 8/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, TmdRockz said:

The other question is do i have to cut wires to make a connection from the reverse light ? Is there a way to make a connection without cutting or damaging the wire ? I know some guys at pe*co will do this easily but im afraid to remove those casings and housings where the wires go. 

I installed Kenwood head unit from Pe*co three and half years ago. When I called they told me no wire cut. All are socket plugins. But while fixing, the guy told me he has to cut two wires (as I remember, steering control wires but not sure) because they have no proper sockets. I insisted to do proper job rather than cut and tape. Then he proposed below clamps and I accepted it.  

 

Image result for auto wire brnching clamps

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
45 minutes ago, gayanath said:

Generally the wire harness is same with the highest grade, so most of the time wiring will be available.  

I installed Kenwood head unit from Pe*co three and half years ago. When I called they told me no wire cut. All are socket plugins. But while fixing, the guy told me he has to cut two wires (as I remember, steering control wires but not sure) because they have no proper sockets. I insisted to do proper job rather than cut and tape. Then he proposed below clamps and I accepted it.  

 

Image result for auto wire brnching clamps

 

So if the wire is available , no need to cut right ? How can i confirm this ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

guys are the backup cam s on most vehicles cheap non branded chinese ones ? Because i called one shop and the guy said they have cams ranging from 2500-10000 but they are not branded. He said that camera lens will break if we use the high pressure water gun to wash the car. Im kind of stuck here. Pet#o lanka said that they have kenwood reverse camera that will cost 18000 lkr. I think that is too much. What do you think ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/5/2018 at 6:45 PM, TmdRockz said:

guys are the backup cam s on most vehicles cheap non branded chinese ones ? Because i called one shop and the guy said they have cams ranging from 2500-10000 but they are not branded. He said that camera lens will break if we use the high pressure water gun to wash the car. Im kind of stuck here. Pet#o lanka said that they have kenwood reverse camera that will cost 18000 lkr. I think that is too much. What do you think ?

Well, its' good if you can use a Kenwood reverse cam which would give you good view quality plus the exact viewing angle it promises. But then , why spend 18K , when you can get a good reverse cam from Alie*prss for less than USD25/-. Believe me , in my Allion (2011) i installed a cheap 2500/- reverse cam -chinese-and for 5 years i used the car it worked flawlessly. Don't sweat much on reverse cams mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Guys today i went to Bara Stereos and installed a Kenwood DDX718 and Alpine(made in japan) reverse camera. Their Customer service is amazing, excellent. I would really recommend anyone anyday to that place. Over the years i have gone to many auto repair places. But all those places , the owner or the mech had attitude issues like they dont care about the customer. Lots of people try to rob us by asking for very high prices etc. but this place , the prices were fair too. Very professional guys no need to worry. Alpine cam was 11k. Kenwood gives adjustable guidelines which is fairly okay.  But at night its not very clear. But can identify objects. I think its normal. ?

Edited by TmdRockz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, TmdRockz said:

Guys today i went to Bara Stereos and installed a Kenwood DDX718 and Alpine(made in japan) reverse camera. Their Customer service is amazing, excellent. I would really recommend anyone anyday to that place. Over the years i have gone to many auto repair places. But all those places , the owner or the mech had attitude issues like they dont care about the customer. Lots of people try to rob us by asking for very high prices etc. but this place , the prices were fair too. Very professional guys no need to worry. Alpine cam was 11k. Kenwood gives adjustable guidelines which is fairly okay.  But at night its not very clear. But can identify objects. I think its normal. ?

11K is a fair price, could you post a pic of the reverse camera view at night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Magnum said:

11K is a fair price, could you post a pic of the reverse camera view at night?

Okay. Tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You should get a fairly decent image at night with the reverse camera. I too have a cheap chinese cam with moving guide lines. It outputs a good image at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, JayZ said:

You should get a fairly decent image at night with the reverse camera. I too have a cheap chinese cam with moving guide lines. It outputs a good image at night.

The thing is ,the rear camera display shows some part of the rear fender and the brake light as well which im not satisfied about. i will post a picture tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×