• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise from suspension system? after some driving

vitz

Question

Dear All,

For sometime, my vehicle makes a sort of "dug-dug" noise. Some observations I made:

1. The is no noise at the start of a trip. After 3-4 km run, the noise start to appear. In a long-run trip, the noise vanishes after some time.

2. It is not coming from the engine also to the outside we can't hear the noise. But I feel it comes mainly from front

3. After 5-10 min of stop, the noise disappear.

4. I took the vehicle to the garage for a quick check up, they neither detect the origin of the noise.

5. This noise is not loud to be noticed by a passenger, but I am being person got used to the vehicle can hear it.

One guy was telling it could be shockabsober bearing related thing.

Has anyone experienced such a problem. 

Vehicle - Hyundai Tuscon

Edited by vitz

1 answer to this question

I tried to correct this issue through our Grease Monkey under my supervision.

1. As he detected a mild vibration in the power steering mechanism - The power steering system was flushed and refilled : outcome- problem was not solved.

2. Then he suspected dried up shock ab sober bearing since the noise was detectable when turning the steering - Bearing was re greased and fixed - out come - problem was not solved.

3.  Now he thinks its the shock absorber  (obviously - ?)

4. Conclusion - problem not solved ( though I can live with it since is a very negligible noise ), Time has come to kick out my grease monkey!!!!!!